Problem to compil freeorion with boost 1.35

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

zveanturz
Space Krill

Problem to compil freeorion with boost 1.35

#1 Post by zveanturz »

I've got a strange error message when i try to compil freeorion with boost 1.35 and the last svn of gigi and freeorion

here the link to the message error

http://pastebin.com/m5dc0d76f

here the result of my scons config log

http://pastebin.com/m3d426f5c

I don't understand what is the problem

I'm using:
- GCC 4.2.3
- Scons 0.98.4
- GiGi SVN
- Boost 1.35.0
- Python 2.5.2
- Freeorion SVN

tzlaine
Programming Lead Emeritus

Re: Problem to compil freeorion with boost 1.35

#2 Post by tzlaine »

Well, this is probably the only time I've ever done this, but I actually committed the code without checking that it compiles under Linux. Usually I commit without verifying the Win32 build. :) I'll take a look at this tonight.

tzlaine
Programming Lead Emeritus

#3 Post by tzlaine »

I've investigated this quite a bit, and I can't find the problem. The code works fine on gcc 4.1.2. From the error message, it looks like it's trying to determine whether boost::bfs_visitor<> is a model of BFSVisitorConcept. According to the Boost docs, it is -- by definition. I don't know why it's failing, and I can't fix it without using your compiler. This is not something I'm willing to do just yet. You may have some luck searching the boost-developers and boost-users mailing lists. Sorry I couldn't help.

kroddn
Static Linker

#4 Post by kroddn »

I can confirm the problem, it also exists on my machine.

I am using:
gcc 4.2.4
scons v0.98.5.r3057
boost 1.35

Using gcc 4.3.1 Compilation is successful.

Bug siehe:
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=36694

/Edit: sorry for the german mix :-)

kroddn
Static Linker

#5 Post by kroddn »

Seems to be not fixed in gcc 4.2-4 (debian unstable)

zveanturz
Space Krill

#6 Post by zveanturz »

I haven't found how to solve this problem; may be the best solution is to use GCC 4.3.
I will test it with GCC 4.3 in order to see if the problem is solved by this version of GCC.

kroddn
Static Linker

#7 Post by kroddn »

zveanturz wrote:I haven't found how to solve this problem; may be the best solution is to use GCC 4.3.
I will test it with GCC 4.3 in order to see if the problem is solved by this version of GCC.
This may or may not work. Boost is especially built with 4.2 and may not work with 4.3 - and there is no version of boost for 4.3 in debian for now.

I did not find out how to force scons to use 4.3 - does anyone know?

kroddn
Static Linker

#8 Post by kroddn »

Finally I managed to get tracked down how to avoid the error, but I did not find out which side effects it will have.

Defining BOOST_NO_HASH does avoid the error.

gcc 4.3 leaded me to this point by saying:

Code: Select all

g++-4.3 -o client/ClientApp-ai.o -c -pthread -g -O2 -Wall -O0 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -DFREEORION_BUILD_AI -I/usr/include/python2.5 -IGG  -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/graphviz client/ClientApp.cpp
In Datei, eingefügt von /usr/include/c++/4.3/ext/hash_set:64,
                 von /usr/include/boost/graph/adjacency_list.hpp:22,
                 von client/../universe/Universe.h:18,
                 von client/ClientApp.h:8,
                 von client/ClientApp.cpp:1:
/usr/include/c++/4.3/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: Warnung: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header which may be removed without further notice at a future date. Please use a non-deprecated interface with equivalent functionality instead. For a listing of replacement headers and interfaces, consult the file backward_warning.h. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
So I opened /usr/include/c++/4.3/backward/backward_warning.h and found this:

/*
  A list of valid replacements is as follows:

Use:					Instead of:
  <sstream>, basic_stringbuf	   	<strstream>, strstreambuf
  <sstream>, basic_istringstream	<strstream>, istrstream
  <sstream>, basic_ostringstream	<strstream>, ostrstream
  <sstream>, basic_stringstream		<strstream>, strstream
  <unordered_set>, unordered_set     	<ext/hash_set>, hash_set
  <unordered_set>, unordered_multiset	<ext/hash_set>, hash_multiset
  <unordered_map>, unordered_map	<ext/hash_set>, hash_map
  <unordered_map>, unordered_multimap	<ext/hash_set>, hash_multimap
  <functional>, bind			<functional>, binder1st
  <functional>, bind			<functional>, binder2nd
  <functional>, bind			<functional>, bind1st
  <functional>, bind			<functional>, bind2nd
  <memory>, unique_ptr       		<memory>, auto_ptr
*/
The boost header /usr/include/boost/graph/adjacency_list.hpp contains hash_set and causes this error. But its in a block only executed while BOOST_NO_HASH is undefined

Another method is defining:

#define BOOST_NO_HASH_SET_HEADER <unordered_set>
I think the latter is a replacement for hash_set, but I do not know which performance issues this will lead to...

/Edit:
does NOT work on all source files. universe/Universe.cpp still doesnot compile with 4.2

obgr_seneca
Space Floater

#9 Post by obgr_seneca »

kroddn wrote: Using gcc 4.3.1 Compilation is successful.
How did you get scons to use gcc4.3?

Oliver

kroddn
Static Linker

#10 Post by kroddn »

I just tried the command line of the failing files again using g++-4.3 - I did NOT compile the whole project with gcc 4.3.

scons now supports parameters CC and CXX, I added them on svn r2641.

obgr_seneca
Space Floater

#11 Post by obgr_seneca »

Using gcc4.3 does seem to create other problems:

+ scons configure prefix=/usr CC=gcc4.3 CXX=g++4.3
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Configuring for POSIX system...
Checking for Py_Initialize() in C library python2.5... yes
Checking for pkg-config... yes
Checking for GiGiSDL >= 0.6.0... yes
Checking for C++ header file boost/shared_ptr.hpp... yes
Checking Boost version >= 1.35... (cached) yes
Checking for C++ header file boost/graph/dijkstra_shortest_paths.hpp... yes
Looking for boost lib boost_serialization...
Checking for boost::archive::binary_iarchive::is_saving() in C++ library boost_serialization... yes
Looking for boost lib boost_iostreams...
Checking for C++ library boost_iostreams... yes
Looking for boost lib boost_python...
Checking for boost::python::throw_error_already_set() in C++ library boost_python... yes
Boost configuration... (cached) ok
Checking for openal >= 0.0.8... yes
Checking for freealut >= 1.1.0... yes
Checking for vorbisfile >= 1.1.2... yes
Checking for libgraph >= 2.8... yes
Checking for libgvc >= 2.8... yes
Checking for log4cpp >= 0.3.4b... no
Checking log4cpp version == 0.3.4b... (cached) yes
Checking for C++ header file log4cpp/Category.hh... yes
Checking for log4cpp::Category::getRoot() in C++ library log4cpp... yes
Configuration successful... (cached) yes
+ exit 0
Ausführung(%build): /bin/sh -e /home/oli/rpm-build/rpm/2008.1/tmp/rpm-tmp.13759
+ umask 022
+ cd /home/oli/rpm-build/rpm/2008.1/BUILD
+ cd FreeOrion
+ '[' 1 -eq 1 ']'
+ '[' 1 -eq 1 ']'
+ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Using previous successful configuration; if you want to re-run the configuration step, run "scons configure".
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
g++4.3 -o combat/Combat.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz combat/Combat.cpp
g++4.3 -o Empire/Empire.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz Empire/Empire.cpp
In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mandriva-linux-gnu/4.3.0/../../../../include/c++/4.3.0/ext/hash_set:64,
                 from /usr/include/boost/graph/adjacency_list.hpp:22,
                 from Empire/../universe/Universe.h:18,
                 from Empire/../universe/UniverseObject.h:5,
                 from Empire/Empire.h:8,
                 from Empire/Empire.cpp:1:
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-mandriva-linux-gnu/4.3.0/../../../../include/c++/4.3.0/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header which may be removed without further notice at a future date. Please use a non-deprecated interface with equivalent functionality instead. For a listing of replacement headers and interfaces, consult the file backward_warning.h. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
In file included from Empire/../universe/UniverseObject.h:5,
                 from Empire/Empire.cpp:1:
Empire/../universe/Universe.h:91: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
Empire/../universe/Universe.h:98: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
Empire/../universe/Universe.h:105: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
g++4.3 -o Empire/EmpireManager.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz Empire/EmpireManager.cpp
In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mandriva-linux-gnu/4.3.0/../../../../include/c++/4.3.0/ext/hash_set:64,
                 from Empire/../universe/UniverseObject.h:5,
                 from Empire/EmpireManager.cpp:3:
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-mandriva-linux-gnu/4.3.0/../../../../include/c++/4.3.0/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header which may be removed without further notice at a future date. Please use a non-deprecated interface with equivalent functionality instead. For a listing of replacement headers and interfaces, consult the file backward_warning.h. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
In file included from Empire/../universe/UniverseObject.h:5,
                 from Empire/EmpireManager.cpp:3:
Empire/../universe/Universe.h:91: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
Empire/../universe/Universe.h:98: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
Empire/../universe/Universe.h:105: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
g++4.3 -o Empire/ResourcePool.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz Empire/ResourcePool.cpp
                 from Empire/../universe/Planet.h:5,
                 from Empire/ResourcePool.cpp:3:
In file included from Empire/../universe/Planet.h:5,
                 from Empire/ResourcePool.cpp:3:
g++4.3 -o network/Message.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz network/Message.cpp
                 from network/../universe/Universe.h:18,
                 from network/Message.cpp:5:
In file included from network/Message.cpp:5:
network/../universe/Universe.h:91: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
network/../universe/Universe.h:98: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
network/../universe/Universe.h:105: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
g++4.3 -o network/MessageQueue.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz network/MessageQueue.cpp
g++4.3 -o network/Networking.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz network/Networking.cpp
g++4.3 -o UI/StringTable.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz UI/StringTable.cpp
g++4.3 -o universe/Building.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/Building.cpp
                 from universe/Universe.h:18,
                 from universe/UniverseObject.h:5,
                 from universe/Building.h:5,
                 from universe/Building.cpp:1:
In file included from universe/UniverseObject.h:5,
                 from universe/Building.cpp:1:
universe/Universe.h:91: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
universe/Universe.h:98: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
universe/Universe.h:105: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
g++4.3 -o universe/Condition.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/Condition.cpp
                 from universe/Condition.cpp:4:
                 from universe/Condition.cpp:4:
g++4.3 -o universe/ConditionParser1.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/ConditionParser1.cpp
g++4.3 -o universe/ConditionParser2.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/ConditionParser2.cpp
g++4.3 -o universe/ConditionParser.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/ConditionParser.cpp
g++4.3 -o universe/Effect.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/Effect.cpp
                 from universe/Effect.cpp:6:
In file included from universe/Effect.cpp:6:
g++4.3 -o universe/EffectParser.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/EffectParser.cpp
g++4.3 -o universe/Enums.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/Enums.cpp
g++4.3 -o universe/Fleet.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/Fleet.cpp
                 from universe/System.h:6,
                 from universe/Fleet.h:5,
                 from universe/Fleet.cpp:1:
                 from universe/Fleet.h:5,
                 from universe/Fleet.cpp:1:
g++4.3 -o universe/Meter.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/Meter.cpp
g++4.3 -o universe/ParserUtil.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/ParserUtil.cpp
g++4.3 -o universe/Planet.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/Planet.cpp
                 from universe/Planet.h:5,
                 from universe/Planet.cpp:1:
In file included from universe/Planet.h:5,
                 from universe/Planet.cpp:1:
g++4.3 -o universe/PopCenter.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/PopCenter.cpp
                 from universe/PopCenter.h:5,
                 from universe/PopCenter.cpp:1:
                 from universe/PopCenter.h:5,
                 from universe/PopCenter.cpp:1:
g++4.3 -o universe/Predicates.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/Predicates.cpp
                 from universe/Predicates.cpp:3:
                 from universe/Predicates.cpp:3:
g++4.3 -o universe/ResourceCenter.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/ResourceCenter.cpp
                 from universe/ResourceCenter.h:7,
                 from universe/ResourceCenter.cpp:1:
                 from universe/ResourceCenter.h:7,
                 from universe/ResourceCenter.cpp:1:
g++4.3 -o universe/Ship.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/Ship.cpp
                 from universe/Ship.h:5,
                 from universe/Ship.cpp:1:
                 from universe/Ship.h:5,
                 from universe/Ship.cpp:1:
g++4.3 -o universe/ShipDesign.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/ShipDesign.cpp
                 from universe/../Empire/../universe/Universe.h:18,
                 from universe/../Empire/../universe/UniverseObject.h:5,
                 from universe/../Empire/Empire.h:8,
                 from universe/ShipDesign.cpp:5:
In file included from universe/../Empire/../universe/UniverseObject.h:5,
                 from universe/../Empire/Empire.h:8,
                 from universe/ShipDesign.cpp:5:
universe/../Empire/../universe/Universe.h:91: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
universe/../Empire/../universe/Universe.h:98: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
universe/../Empire/../universe/Universe.h:105: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
g++4.3 -o universe/Special.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/Special.cpp
g++4.3 -o universe/System.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/System.cpp
                 from universe/System.cpp:1:
                 from universe/System.cpp:1:
universe/System.cpp: In member function 'bool System::RemoveStarlane(int)':
universe/System.cpp:369: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as truth value
universe/System.cpp: In member function 'bool System::RemoveWormhole(int)':
universe/System.cpp:379: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as truth value
g++4.3 -o universe/Tech.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/Tech.cpp
g++4.3 -o universe/TopLevelParsers.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/TopLevelParsers.cpp
                 from universe/TopLevelParsers.cpp:7:
                 from universe/TopLevelParsers.cpp:7:
g++4.3 -o universe/UniverseObject.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/UniverseObject.cpp
                 from universe/UniverseObject.cpp:1:
                 from universe/UniverseObject.cpp:1:
g++4.3 -o universe/ValueRef.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/ValueRef.cpp
                 from universe/ValueRef.cpp:3:
                 from universe/ValueRef.cpp:3:
g++4.3 -o universe/ValueRefParser.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz universe/ValueRefParser.cpp
g++4.3 -o util/DataTable.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz util/DataTable.cpp
g++4.3 -o util/GZStream.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz util/GZStream.cpp
g++4.3 -o util/MultiplayerCommon.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz util/MultiplayerCommon.cpp
g++4.3 -o util/OptionsDB.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz util/OptionsDB.cpp
g++4.3 -o util/Order.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz util/Order.cpp
                 from util/../universe/Universe.h:18,
                 from util/../universe/UniverseObject.h:5,
                 from util/../universe/System.h:6,
                 from util/../universe/Fleet.h:5,
                 from util/Order.cpp:4:
In file included from util/../universe/UniverseObject.h:5,
                 from util/../universe/System.h:6,
                 from util/../universe/Fleet.h:5,
                 from util/Order.cpp:4:
util/../universe/Universe.h:91: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
util/../universe/Universe.h:98: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
util/../universe/Universe.h:105: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
g++4.3 -o util/OrderSet.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz util/OrderSet.cpp
g++4.3 -o util/Process.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz util/Process.cpp
g++4.3 -o util/Random.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz util/Random.cpp
g++4.3 -o util/Serialize.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz util/Serialize.cpp
                 from util/../Empire/../universe/Universe.h:18,
                 from util/../Empire/../universe/UniverseObject.h:5,
                 from util/../Empire/Empire.h:8,
                 from util/Serialize.cpp:3:
In file included from util/../Empire/../universe/UniverseObject.h:5,
                 from util/../Empire/Empire.h:8,
                 from util/Serialize.cpp:3:
util/../Empire/../universe/Universe.h:91: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
util/../Empire/../universe/Universe.h:98: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
util/../Empire/../universe/Universe.h:105: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
g++4.3 -o util/SitRepEntry.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz util/SitRepEntry.cpp
g++4.3 -o util/VarText.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz util/VarText.cpp
                 from util/../universe/Universe.h:18,
                 from util/../universe/UniverseObject.h:5,
                 from util/VarText.cpp:5:
In file included from util/../universe/UniverseObject.h:5,
                 from util/VarText.cpp:5:
util/../universe/Universe.h:91: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
util/../universe/Universe.h:98: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
util/../universe/Universe.h:105: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
g++4.3 -o util/Version.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz util/Version.cpp
gcc4.3 -o util/binreloc.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz util/binreloc.c
g++4.3 -o util/Directories.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz util/Directories.cpp
g++4.3 -o util/XMLDoc.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz util/XMLDoc.cpp
g++4.3 -o combat/CombatSystem-server.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -DFREEORION_BUILD_SERVER -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz combat/CombatSystem.cpp
                 from combat/../universe/Universe.h:18,
                 from combat/CombatSystem.cpp:3:
In file included from combat/CombatSystem.cpp:3:
combat/../universe/Universe.h:91: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
combat/../universe/Universe.h:98: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
combat/../universe/Universe.h:105: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
g++4.3 -o network/ServerNetworking-server.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -DFREEORION_BUILD_SERVER -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz network/ServerNetworking.cpp
g++4.3 -o server/SaveLoad-server.o -c -pthread -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DFREEORION_LINUX -DENABLE_BINRELOC -DFREEORION_BUILD_SERVER -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/graphviz server/SaveLoad.cpp
                 from server/../universe/Universe.h:18,
                 from server/ServerApp.h:11,
                 from server/SaveLoad.cpp:3:
In file included from server/SaveLoad.cpp:1:
server/SaveLoad.h:12: error: expected unqualified-id before '&' token
server/SaveLoad.h:12: error: expected ',' or '...' before '&' token
server/SaveLoad.h:15: error: expected unqualified-id before '&' token
server/SaveLoad.h:15: error: expected ',' or '...' before '&' token
In file included from server/ServerApp.h:11,
                 from server/SaveLoad.cpp:3:
server/../universe/Universe.h:91: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
server/../universe/Universe.h:98: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
server/../universe/Universe.h:105: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
scons: *** [server/SaveLoad-server.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
All the warnings seem to be gcc4.3-related. And I don't wanna rebuild the whole system using gcc4.3.
Are there other solutions? Using gcc4.2.3 I get the problems mentioned in the first posting of this thread.

Oliver

kroddn
Static Linker

#12 Post by kroddn »

Just ignore those messages. These are warnings, not errors, and are related to boost.

The only error you have exists in server/SaveLoad.h - the server/SaveLoad.h file I already fixed in my working copy, is now committet to repo. Do svn update.

Do not forget to compile GG with 4.3. To support CXX and CC command line, you must patch it (I don't have write access to GiGi):

Index: SConstruct
===================================================================
--- SConstruct  (Revision 655)
+++ SConstruct  (Arbeitskopie)
@@ -16,6 +16,8 @@
 options_cache_filename = 'options.cache'
 old_options_cache = ParseOptionsCacheFile(options_cache_filename)
 options = Options(options_cache_filename)
+options.Add('CC', 'The C-Compiler used to compile C-Files')
+options.Add('CXX', 'The C++-Compiler used to compile C++-Files')
 options.Add(BoolOption('debug', 'Generate debug code', 0))
 options.Add(BoolOption('multithreaded', 'Generate multithreaded code', 1))
 options.Add(BoolOption('dynamic', 'Generate a shared (dynamic-link) library', 1))
@@ -97,6 +99,8 @@
 ms_linker = 'msvs' in env['TOOLS'] or 'msvc' in env['TOOLS']

env_cache_keys = [
+    'CC',
+    'CXX',
     'CCFLAGS',
     'CPPDEFINES',
     'CPPFLAGS',

obgr_seneca
Space Floater

#13 Post by obgr_seneca »