Exper. statically linux version with gcc-4.3 + shipped pytho

Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.

Moderator: Committer

kroddn
Static Linker

Exper. statically linux version with gcc-4.3 + shipped pytho

#1 Post by kroddn »

My current linux versions are experimentally compiled using gcc 4.3 - gcc-4.2 does not work any longer, as of a bug in boost. See viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2303 for more details.

Finally I got managed to support some code to check for the presence of python2.5 on the system.

If no python2.5 is found, a fallback is used. I ship some shared executables of python2.5 within the archive, so that it can be used to run FreeOrion.

Please test this on your linux systems. Some users might want to deinstall python2.5 to try my workaround. It would be nice to have some reports on how this is working.

Download the latest file from my space:
http://psitronic.de/div/FO/

From on revision 2641 there is included the above mentioned support.

A good testing case is 15 Star Systems with 4 AI players.

kroddn
Static Linker

Re: Exper. statically linux version with gcc-4.3 + shipped pytho

#2 Post by kroddn »

I am very interested in 64bit linuxes. If anyone has successfully run the statically FreeOrion on such a linux, please inform me!

OndrejR
Space Dragon

#3 Post by OndrejR »

I successfully compiled and run FreeOrion on amd64 Debian and I never used static version of FreeOrion.

IConrad
Space Kraken

#4 Post by IConrad »

I once compiled FreeOrion w/ Ubuntu Intrepid amd64 during the brief window while FO still used boost1.35 to compile. Since the 'upgrade' to 1.36+ I find myself unable to get scons to find libboost-serialization regardless of any tricks or traps or advice. OndrejR seems to be of the opinion this is because I am using libc6 v2.8. Something about there being a bad symlink for GG.

kroddn
Static Linker

#5 Post by kroddn »

This topic is about the statically linked linux version - please post here if you tried THAT version. Self-Compiled versions are likely to run as soon as you get them compiled.

@IConrad: if you have time try to reach me at the IRC chat. I can help you get it working again.

IConrad
Space Kraken

#6 Post by IConrad »

kroddn: I'll give it a shot. I'm on AZ time and won't be back at my home machine until sometime around 6:00 local, however.

Also -- I noticed a graphical error w/ the text in the most recent binary you uploaded -- I think it's possibly related to the graphical error going on w/ the Cyrillic text.

I'll edit this post w/ a screenshot later.