v0.3.13 AI doesn't work

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Dreadnaught
Space Krill

v0.3.13 AI doesn't work

#1 Post by Dreadnaught »

Version: v0.3.13[Rev 3094]FreeOrion-0.3.13-Setup.exe

Everything is OK when running the game but AI doesn't work
Maby something wrong with "FreeOrionAI.py".

Code: Select all

2010-01-19 10:47:17,468 ERROR AI :   File "D:\Games\FreeOrion\default\AI\FreeOrionAI.py", line 2, in <module>
So,what should I do now?
Please help me... :shock: :shock:
LogFiles.rar
(9.34 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: v0.3.13 AI doesn't work

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Python isn't working on your system for some reason. This has been reported to happen on 64-bit version of windows XP in particular, but also some other versions of Windows.

Could you install Python 2.6.4 from here.

Then back up python25.dll in the root FreeOrion directory ( probably C:\Program Files\FreeOrion )

Then find python26.dll in the Python install directory, and replace the FreeOrion python25.dll with the installed python26.dll. This means that the installed python26.dll needs to be renamed python25.dll and placed in the FreeOrion directory.

Dreadnaught
Space Krill

#3 Post by Dreadnaught »

I'v just do like this but still doesn't work,only cause little change in log files.
1.jpg
1.jpg (21.25 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
LogFiles.rar
(17.89 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Last edited by Dreadnaught on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Geoff the Medio

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Hmm. Well, this is a new an exciting error message I've not seen before.

Googling the error message returns a few pages, such as this:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moriyoshi/20091214/1260779899

but I can't read japanese.

I'm suspicious that there's some sort of weird compatibility error here between Boost Python and japanese or similar asian character sets, since you also seem to have a few of them in your screenshot.

Edit: Google translate does a pretty good job on that page, and it seems to be discussing the problem and may provide a solution. It's likely going to require code recompling though, so unfortunately there's probably not anything that can be done to fix FreeOrion v0.3.13 AI for you on that computer... /Edit

Dreadnaught
Space Krill

#5 Post by Dreadnaught »

well...google translate doesn't work well with Chinese simplified...
I'm trying to find the solution and still have no idea to deal with it.
Would you please show any suggestion for me?
I really like this game,thanks very much:)

Geoff the Medio

#6 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Dreadnaught wrote:I'm trying to find the solution and still have no idea to deal with it.
Would you please show any suggestion for me?
As I said, based on the japanese page I linked, it looks like C++ source code edits would be required to fix the problem on your system. That means you'd need to build FreeOrion for yourself. This isn't especially difficult, but requires getting the SDK, Visual Studio 2008 (the express version should suffice, if not the full version). I also don't know exactly what changes to the code would be needed, but the japanese page google translation seems to indicate what they would be, so if you know enough C++ you could make the changes yourself.

If you don't want to made code edits yourself, I'd need to make test code changes, and then send you the altered source file to build and test, or send you updated binaries to test. I'm not going to have a chance to look at this in the next few days, however.

An alternative suggestion for you might be to try running on an english-language version of Windows.

I've only ever seen this issue with you, and I don't know of many (or any?) other people who've tried running FreeOrion on WinXP systems using chinese language, so I'm inclined to guess that's not a coincidence. There have been different issues with other non-english language Windows systems, but that doesn't seem to be an issue here given the path where you've installed FreeOrion.

Dreadnaught
Space Krill

#7 Post by Dreadnaught »

I'v tried anything I can do. The game running with same issue on many other PC with Chinese simplified system. Maybe just what I can do is changing my operating system..=_=#

well..a new issue troubled me...
when the game start with multi-player mode,the joiner must be crashed to windows with the info below:

2010-01-19 18:40:33,109 DEBUG AI : AI_1 logger initialized.
2010-01-19 18:40:33,562 DEBUG AI : Python stdout and stderr redirected
2010-01-19 18:40:33,781 DEBUG AI : Initialized FreeOrion Python AI
2010-01-19 18:40:33,781 DEBUG AI : Initialized Python AI
2010-01-19 18:40:34,328 DEBUG AI : AIClientApp::HandleMessage : Received JOIN_GAME acknowledgement
2010-01-19 18:40:37,562 DEBUG AI : ClientNetworking::NetworkingThread() : Networking thread will be terminated due to disconnect exception "远程主机强迫关闭了一个现有的连接。" ----maybe it means: an active connection killed by rempte host
2010-01-19 18:40:37,578 DEBUG AI : Cleaning up / destructing Python AI
2010-01-19 18:40:37,578 DEBUG AI : Shutting down AI_1 logger...

2010-01-20 00:20:59,156 DEBUG Client : Turn initialization graphic buffer clearing
2010-01-20 00:20:59,156 DEBUG Client : OpenGL version string: 2.1.7537 FireGL Release
2010-01-20 00:20:59,156 DEBUG Client : ...extracted version number: 2.1
2010-01-20 00:20:59,156 DEBUG Client : Turn initialization new graphic buffer creation
2010-01-20 00:20:59,265 DEBUG Client : ClientNetworking::NetworkingThread() : Networking thread will be terminated due to disconnect 

exception "由于线程退出或应用程序请求,已放弃 I/O 操作。" ----maybe it means: I/O operating discard,because of thread exit or programe request??
2010-01-20 00:21:14,750 ERROR Client : HumanClientFSM : A Disconnection event was passed to the HumanClientFSM.  This event is 

illegal in the FSM's current state.  It is being ignored.
Can this be solved?

Thanks^^
Attachments
FreeOrion.rar
(10.3 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

Geoff the Medio

#8 Post by Geoff the Medio »

If you're playing multiplayer, the AI log shouldn't matter since it wasn't creating during that game, since there are no AIs in multiplayer games at present.

Is the system you're trying to play on connected to the internet, and is there a firewall installed? There might be some incompatibility between FreeOrion attempting to communicate between server and client...

Edit: I'm actually on IRC right now with someone who was trying to play multiplayer and was getting crashes, and who was apparently able to fix them by adjusting firewall settings. It might help to run in windowed mode at first, so that if there are any popups from the firewall about freeorion trying to access the network, you'll be able to see them. /Edit

And can I infer from you previous posts that you're able to play several turns of a single player game without any crashes? The log files seem to end after some graphics-related debug messages, suggesting a graphics-related crash, but if you're able to play in single player, that's probably not the case.

I can't really tell what the problem is from the log files, though, so I'm not sure what else to suggest. You're not having the obvious and most commonly reported problems... It might be another language-related incompatibility, but I can't be sure.

It might help if you could build the latest version, or try one of the Recent Windows Builds posted by pd, but that's really just a guess and hope...