Notes on rev 4994

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Zireael
Space Dragon

Notes on rev 4994

#1 Post by Zireael »

Enjoying the active AI very much. However, I'd like to see a clarification concerning other ships in system (see an earlier thread of mine). Will that behavior be changed with the diplomacy system or will it stay? (If it will stay, I'll add a note to the quick play guide).

1) I don't see a 'make outpost' button or whatever it was supposed to be called.
2) In Pedia, it tells me 'capital unknown' for 2 AIs whose capitals I can plainly see on map.
3) Pedia again, systems list is full of 'Unexplored Region' and/or 'Deep Space' entries.
4) Will we see empire borders somehow on the map? My capital is surrounded by planets of 2 of the AIs...

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Notes on rev 4994

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Zireael wrote:I'd like to see a clarification concerning other ships in system (see an earlier thread of mine). Will that behavior be changed with the diplomacy system or will it stay? (If it will stay, I'll add a note to the quick play guide).
???
1) I don't see a 'make outpost' button or whatever it was supposed to be called.
See attached.
2) In Pedia, it tells me 'capital unknown' for 2 AIs whose capitals I can plainly see on map.
There's no espionage system, so you never get info about other empires, such as their capital.
3) Pedia again, systems list is full of 'Unexplored Region' and/or 'Deep Space' entries.
I see about the appropriate number of these... Each instance gets an entry.
4) Will we see empire borders somehow on the map? My capital is surrounded by planets of 2 of the AIs...
Probably eventually, if and once "empire borders" are defined.
Attachments
illustration of place outpost button
illustration of place outpost button
place_outpost.png (74.53 KiB) Viewed 1484 times

Zireael
Space Dragon

#3 Post by Zireael »

Clarifying a question: will ships of other players always block colonization or will it change with diplomacy options?

How do I build outpost ships then?

Geoff the Medio

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Zireael wrote:Clarifying a question: will ships of other players always block colonization or will it change with diplomacy options?
In 4999, colonization happens as ordered unless 1) multiple empires try to colonize the same planet on the same turn, or 2) an enemy empire has armed agressive ships in the same system that turn.
Research Environmental Encapsulation. It takes 1 turn.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#5 Post by eleazar »

As of this version, monsters can't hurt my ships. I can leave scouts or colony ships set to hostile in system with a Sentry, and the sit rep will report a battle but i never take damage. My warships can destroy monsters.

Some scripts are a few revisions more recent, but that shouldn't matter.

Enemy AIs can blow me up.

Geoff the Medio

#6 Post by Geoff the Medio »

eleazar wrote:As of this version, monsters can't hurt my ships. I can leave scouts or colony ships set to hostile in system with a Sentry, and the sit rep will report a battle but i never take damage. My warships can destroy monsters.
Should be fixed in SVN.

Zireael
Space Dragon

#7 Post by Zireael »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
Zireael wrote:Clarifying a question: will ships of other players always block colonization or will it change with diplomacy options?
In 4999, colonization happens as ordered unless 1) multiple empires try to colonize the same planet on the same turn, or 2) an enemy empire has armed agressive ships in the same system that turn.
Research Environmental Encapsulation. It takes 1 turn.
There must be a bug, since I don't see the tech at all (I even started a new game to double-check).

Zireael
Space Dragon

#8 Post by Zireael »

There's a definite bug - playing as Trith, all planets have max pop of 0.0 regardless of their place on the famed wheel of habitability (apart from good planets). I researched all Growth techs.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#9 Post by eleazar »

Zireael wrote:There must be a bug, since I don't see the tech at all (I even started a new game to double-check).
Zireael wrote:There's a definite bug - playing as Trith, all planets have max pop of 0.0 regardless of their place on the famed wheel of habitability (apart from good planets). I researched all Growth techs.
That all works with the most recent script files.
You can wait for the next binary, or swap in the latest specials.txt, species.txt, techs.txt, eng_stringtable.txt and share_macros.txt