Notes on 0.4.1 RC3

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Zireael
Space Dragon

Notes on 0.4.1 RC3

#1 Post by Zireael »

1) Love the new fleet settings.
2) The description of the phototropic species in the 'pedia has a weird final sentence. It should read "They do not benefit from growth specials". Also, is it the size or the brightness of the star that is important? The modifiers are 'Bright star" or 'Dim star' and the 'pedia mentions size...
3) Self-sustaining species description has a badly misspelled word "sustenance". BTW which species are self-sustaining?

Zireael
Space Dragon

Re: Notes on 0.4.1 RC3

#2 Post by Zireael »

GAME CRASHING BUG: Load up the save attached, click the fleet at Synnax. Crash.

ETA: Started another game, and a crash happened in the same situation (defeated a Sentry, click on fleet that did it, crash)

ETA 2: If I don't click the fleet immediately after it defeats a Sentry, the game goes normally and I can click on the fleet later.
Attachments
FreeOrion_Human_Player_Terran_0022.zip
(60.03 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#3 Post by eleazar »

Zireael wrote:2) The description of the phototropic species in the 'pedia has a weird final sentence. It should read "They do not benefit from growth specials".
I don't see what's wrong with: "Growth specials do not benefit them."
Zireael wrote:Also, is it the size or the brightness of the star that is important? The modifiers are 'Bright star" or 'Dim star' and the 'pedia mentions size...
Currently bright stars are big stars in FO. There are no big dim stars or small bright stars.
Though you are right, we should probably pick one aspect.

Zireael wrote:3) Self-sustaining species description has a badly misspelled word "sustenance". BTW which species are self-sustaining?
Fixed.
Trith (for now)
Nymmmn
kobuntura
acirema
exparamentors

revision 5093
"fixed a couple typos, and commented out the broken Remote Terraforming."

Zireael
Space Dragon

#4 Post by Zireael »

What's the deal with the mining focus (on Lithic specials and asteroids)? It's useless since there's no mineral resource and it doesn't increase industry.

eleazar

#5 Post by eleazar »

Zireael wrote:What's the deal with the mining focus (on Lithic specials and asteroids)? It's useless since there's no mineral resource and it doesn't increase industry.
It does increase industry-- look at the tooltip.
Still it was supposed to increase industry significantly.
Long term i will consider using it as a strategic resource type thing.

revision 5094
"returned the mining focus bonus to production to being significant."

Zireael
Space Dragon

#6 Post by Zireael »

In my game, it LOWERED industry nearly by 1/2! Didn't look at the tooltip, though.

eleazar

#7 Post by eleazar »

Zireael wrote:
In my game, it LOWERED industry nearly by 1/2! Didn't look at the tooltip, though.
Well, that's always a possibility with the current implementation, since the production focus gets different bonuses from the mining focus.