With the now released 0.1 version, I thought it useful to create a thread of the known issues so people don't post them multiple times. Please check here first, and if you find something that's not listed here, then add it to the thread!
For those of you thinking "I haven't seen an announcement yet", that's because I'm writing this thread just prior to the release announcement, so I can include a link to it in the announcement
So wait a few minutes and you should see news.
* Crash when picking 'from file' when choosing galaxy size
* screen flickers without loading game - try running windowed mode
* Hard to know what empire you are (select systems until one has a build queue available)
* Can't scroll - left click on space to scroll, if you are clicking a system it won't scroll.
* Generating turns takes a while
* If you colonise a planet when the colony ship is the only ship in the fleet, the fleet box shows up ERROR, and when you generate a turn or click to close the fleet, it crashes.
* Mouse is offset a bit. Try running fullscreen to solve this
* Options menu is empty - this is the way it's supposed to be. You can configure some options in default/config.xml. There will be an options screen one day
* In game menu doesn't work - click on the starmap once first, and after that F10 should bring up an in game menu. The window needs focus first
- on returning from NEXT TURN screen, any fleet windows or planet sidebars are no longer open (this is annoying if i'm watching a fleet or planet build queue)
- NEXT TURN screen needs a startup message, i.e. "processing turn" (it's blank until the first status message appears)
- there is no way to cancel the confirmation of right clicking and popping up RENAME for ships. the RENAME box pops up and if i click *anywhere*, it goes to the rename mini-window.
- selecting mutiple fleets for relocation does not appear to work. it only takes the fleet that is selected for focus
- IMHO the fleet box mouseover effect is distracting and would be better replaced by just a hard click with no mouseover. But that's just me. (it can present problems either way)
- fleets do not merge upon entering a system. i assume this is intentional. If so, a "merge fleets" button is in order.
- NEW FLEET button should be disabled for any fleets with only 1 ship to begin with.
- i would relocate the map window scroll to the right button to disassociate it with the selection (left) button.
- i get the same universe every time. I'm assuming you did not set the random seed or you have it locked for testing purposes.
- MAJOR: i can move a ship from fleet A on system A to fleet B on system B. Are there stargates programmed already?
- the fleet and new_fleet windows would all benefit from on OKAY button. the [x] button is counter interuitive, read: "CANCEL"
- there is no way to scroll the building box on the planets sidebar.
- there is no way to close the building box if the item you want is already selected
- the building box is black just like the sidebar and is visually hard to differentiate.
- some sitrep text goes out of bounds (defense base being built)
- the actual app window does not go behind other Windows98 windows (always on top - funny garbling happens when i try to switch w/o minimizing).
- ships being built do not merge with ships already in orbit (to any of the fleets in orbit)
- the planets sidebar responds to clicks from selecting a destination for fleets (unwanted behaviour: planets sidebar pops up and gets in the way for selecting destinations for multiple fleets - 1 at a time).
- it is possible to lose the fleet box window off the screen. windows ought to be bound by their parent windows by the edges.
- other empires are a total pushover. i win like every time
-On windows 2000 (with directx 9.0b if that matters) only the background of the map window is displayed (no planets, fleets or planet names).
-If freeorion.exe crashes, the server and AI clients have to be shut down manually - maybe they should quit if there are no more human players on the server?
-I'm not sure but I don't think the source will compile in dev-cpp with the current windowskit.zip (GiGi needs to be rebuilt, I tried but it's hard for a peon like me).
* This window can be closed, but then there is no way to do anything (Fixed in CVS)
* If you minimise it then end turn, any sitreps generated next turn don't maximise the window first (you get text with no window background). Maximising fixes this.
* Sometimes the game saves but a popup complains that the save didn't work.
* Can't zoom without mousewheel
Just a reminder that this is a pre-release, and so such bugs are expected. We just wanted you all to have something to play with and work with, so you know that there is real code that works. Now work begins on 0.2!