freeorion 0.4.5 packaged for openSUSE

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

raptor
Space Squid

freeorion 0.4.5 packaged for openSUSE

#1 Post by raptor »

freeorion 0.4.5 has been packaged for openSUSE:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/games/freeorion

I very much like the reduced dependencies!

I compiled with boost 1.54 even though the 'Compile' wiki page says it needs 1.56. Seems to work just fine, no issues so far.

The only packaging issues I had were:
1. Use of the custom 'LIBSUFFIX' variable instead of the standard CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR one for packaging on x86_64 into the lib64 directory.
2. I had to disable use of RPATH because the cmake version that shipped with openSUSE 13.2 has some weird bug with it not linking properly. Use of a config file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ provides the needed functionality.

Thanks for a great release!

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: freeorion 0.4.5 packaged for openSUSE

#2 Post by Dilvish »

raptor wrote:I compiled with boost 1.54 even though the 'Compile' wiki page says it needs 1.56. Seems to work just fine, no issues so far.
Right; the Compile on Linux page has been noting 1.54+, which I'm pretty sure is correct-- that's when the logging library was added-- so I've now adjusted the main Compile page to read 1.54+ also.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

adrian_broher
Programmer

#3 Post by adrian_broher »

Nice to hear that it works out for you so far.
The only packaging issues I had were:
1. Use of the custom 'LIBSUFFIX' variable instead of the standard CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR one for packaging on x86_64 into the lib64 directory.
2. I had to disable use of RPATH because the cmake version that shipped with openSUSE 13.2 has some weird bug with it not linking properly. Use of a config file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ provides the needed functionality.
I would really appreciate it if you could open an github issue for both of those bugs so they can be adressed in a future release.
Resident code gremlin
Attached patches are released under GPL 2.0 or later.
Git author: Marcel Metz

raptor
Space Squid

#4 Post by raptor »

I opened an issue for #1. I have to do more research to see if #2 is a freeorion issue or an openSUSE/CMake issue.