[PR 456] Wrapper fro issueCreateShipDesignOrder and bugfixes

Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.

Moderator: Committer

banduri
Space Floater

[PR 456] Wrapper fro issueCreateShipDesignOrder and bugfixes

#1 Post by banduri »

https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/pull/456
Bugfix 1: with case-sensitive filesystem the planet type environment images in the encyclopedia was never shown (but a big red X) since the file names are all lowercase but the planet_type is uppercase
Bugfix 2: don't create warning message in parse_tokens(tokendict, is_hull=False) of the python AI if AIDependencies.STACKING_RULES appears.

Wrapper: The wrapper creates an easier interface to issueCreateShipDesignOrder and updates the cache on success.
Besides that I think creating a real ShipDesignAI module could be helpful, also I would like to discuss
Cjkjvfnby wrote:Before we have lazy cache initialization. We need design, we create design in cache.
Now we add design on creation, am I right? May be split get and set in that case?
edit: link to PR on github
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project (this includes pullrequest of the useraccount banduri at github)

Morlic
AI Contributor

Re: [PR 456] Wrapper fro issueCreateShipDesignOrder and bugf

#2 Post by Morlic »

banduri wrote: Besides that I think creating a real ShipDesignAI module could be helpful
It is not clear to me what you mean with "a real ShipDesignAI module"? Could you elaborate that a bit?
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

banduri
Space Floater

Re: [PR 456] Wrapper fro issueCreateShipDesignOrder and bugf

#3 Post by banduri »

Morlic wrote:
banduri wrote: Besides that I think creating a real ShipDesignAI module could be helpful
It is not clear to me what you mean with "a real ShipDesignAI module"? Could you elaborate that a bit?
https://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/modu ... l#packages I think it could be easier to read if every class has its own file
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project (this includes pullrequest of the useraccount banduri at github)