Kudos

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
ghealy
Space Kraken

Kudos

#1 Post by ghealy »

Just download and played version FreeOrion_2016-03-08.78be2ba_Test_Win32_Setup

My hats off to the creators. Absolutely love the new supply line visuals! Find it so much better to see at a glance just where my (and the AI's) supply lines go.

Am curious. Am I correct that one can not save a game from a previous version in a newer version?

Thanks once again fro a great game.

- Gene

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Kudos

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

ghealy wrote:JAm I correct that one can not save a game from a previous version in a newer version?
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, depending whether a change required breaking or was done in a way that broke save compatibility.

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

#3 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

ghealy wrote: Am curious. Am I correct that one can not save a game from a previous version in a newer version?

- Gene
If you mean last release: yes
If you mean previous test build, usually no. Last save-game broke changes were more then 3 month ago.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

ghealy
Space Kraken

#4 Post by ghealy »

Please forgive me. English is indeed my mother tongue. But some days I seem to forget that. :D

What I meant to say . . Can you not load a game saved in a previous test version into later released test version.

I had saved a game at turn 131 in version FreeOrion_2016-02-28.1df7cf9_Test_Win32. The next day, without thinking I went and installed version FreeOrion_2016-03-08.78be2ba_Test_Win32_Setup.

Upon loading the previously saved game, FO simply stops working.

It is no big deal as I simply started a new game. Just need to remember to complete a existing game before I upgrade the program next time.

Thanks.

- Gene