Core slot

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
EricF
Space Dragon

Core slot

#1 Post by EricF »

FreeOrion_2016-08-02.0cab326_Test_Win32_Setup.exe

It would be nice if you could assign any item that uses an internal slot to also be usable in a core slot.
That way the core slot wouldn't be wasted on hulls that have them if you haven't researched an item that uses a core slot yet. Heck, since the core slot is so valuable you should be able to put anything there.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Core slot

#2 Post by MatGB »

I have considered the idea of making a few existing items internal or core instead of just internal, but I wouldn't want it to allow all internal parts to use core slots.

We do want to expand the number of core slot parts (and I've introduced a few in the most recent cycle), but the ships with core slots are, with the exception of the trans-spatial hull, costed without taking the existence of the core slot into account.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

EricF
Space Dragon

#3 Post by EricF »

OK, then I'll hold off on Self gravitating hulls until I get the anti-matter cannon.
This makes Quantum hulls even more attractive.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#4 Post by defaultuser »

I'm not sure I understand the rationale there. The self-grav is still a good hull, even if you have an empty slot. It's also on the way to Titan, which for me spends most of the game with empty core slots too.