0.4.6 roadmap

Discussion about the project in general, organization, website, or any other details that aren't directly about the game.
Morlic
AI Contributor

Re: 0.4.6 roadmap

#31 Post by Morlic »

Merging Geoff's change sounds good to me.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#32 Post by Vezzra »

Excellent. Geoff, as far as I'm concerned, you can merge #896.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#33 Post by Vezzra »

There are finally only two issues and no PRs open on github which are tagged for 0.4.6 (as of the time of this post). As I consider both of them not sufficiently critical to block the release if not addressed in time (I only leave them tagged for 0.4.6 to indicate that they should considered priority, at least to a certain degree), I think we should stick to the Sept 4th deadline for the creation of the release branch.

There are 20 open issues flagged as "bug" which have no milestone (also as of the time of this post), meaning they haven't been considered critical for the release, but if some of them can be addressed before Sept 4th, all the better. Please, everyone, take a look at this list and if there is something anyone thinks should be considered critical for the release, speak up now!

That said, unless something turns up that looks so severe that it's both critical and unlikely for us to be able to fix quickly enough to still get the release out by the end of September, I'm going to create the release branch anyway (after all, bugfixes can and will get merged/cherry picked into the release branch), it just means that I'll be producing pre-release test builds instead of release candidates until all critical issues have been addressed. Creating the release branch will ensure that only stuff that fixes things gets added for the release, and will allow do everything else (additions, changes etc.) in master.

Unless someone objects to the suggested procedure, I'm going to open the release schedule thread (you know, my notorious countdown threads) tomorrow. Deadline for anything that needs to go into master before the creation of the release branch will be Sept 4th, 6pm UTC.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#34 Post by Vezzra »

0.4.6 release procedure thread has been opened: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10211

Please continue all discussions concerning the release there.