Pedia entry for AI ship showing incorrect info

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
EricF
Space Dragon

Pedia entry for AI ship showing incorrect info

#1 Post by EricF »

Oops, nevermind.
I forgot. The Pedia shows the Base damage for the weapon.
Not upgraded values.
Attachments
FAIL.JPG
FAIL.JPG (114.73 KiB) Viewed 428 times

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Pedia entry for AI ship showing incorrect info

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

It shows the damage for your empire (given whatever techs that boost part weapon strength that you have researched). If you wanted to know the strength for another empire, weed need to add a way to pick what empire, or a lot more lines to the report.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Pedia entry for AI ship showing incorrect info

#3 Post by MatGB »

Geoff the Medio wrote:It shows the damage for your empire (given whatever techs that boost part weapon strength that you have researched). If you wanted to know the strength for another empire, weed need to add a way to pick what empire, or a lot more lines to the report.
I think given we're getting this confusion from several players that we need to add a line in there saying the stats reflect your empires usage with the displayed species, other empires may have different techs or species. I don't think adding huge amount of extra processing is a good plan, but making sure it's clear what's being displayed is.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.