Geo-Integration construction

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
defaultuser
Juggernaut

Geo-Integration construction

#1 Post by defaultuser »

Playing 0.4.6 stable.

I see that a change has been made to allow construction of a Geo facility as long as the drydock is already scheduled ahead of it at the planet. Convenient.

ps: Not mentioned in the change log that I could see.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Geo-Integration construction

#2 Post by Vezzra »

Probably one of the bits that got missed... it's hard to catch everything when compiling a changelog worth an entire year of commits...

EricF
Space Dragon

#3 Post by EricF »

defaultuser wrote:Playing 0.4.6 stable.
Were you playing 0.4.5 before?
Because it's been that way for awhile now in the test releases.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by MatGB »

EricF wrote:
defaultuser wrote:Playing 0.4.6 stable.
Were you playing 0.4.5 before?
Because it's been that way for awhile now in the test releases.
Yup, defaultuser only normally plays the stable releases despite my regular entreaties that I'd personally appreciate the good feedback they give on the newer stuff.

I've noticed a few things missed in the changelog, we put a fair bit of effort checking it but several things slipped through, I think the Trith and George telepathic detection stuff has been missed as well.

I think it's partially due to the way we compile it from the Git logs and the way we actually write commit/merge messages, and we can probably do some work there to make it easier for the next person who compiles it—I've tried to do the changelog once, I was terrible at it, Geoff has a method to do it really quickly but stuff gets missed regardless of who does it.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#5 Post by defaultuser »

MatGB wrote:Yup, defaultuser only normally plays the stable releases despite my regular entreaties that I'd personally appreciate the good feedback they give on the newer stuff.
I'm very lazy.

Also I did move up to 0.4.5++ to learn differential ground troops and starlane bore and such.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#6 Post by Geoff the Medio »

MatGB wrote:...Geoff has a method to do it really quickly but stuff gets missed regardless of who does it.
I read the commit logs and add notes to the change log when it seems appropriate. Takes a few hours to read through the whole thing... I suppose you can call that a "method".