Ignore this

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
SkyCore
Space Floater

Ignore this

#1 Post by SkyCore »

Nowhere in the description of either the hull or the tech does it mention it can only be produced in blackhole systems. Energy compressor and solar containment dont mention blackhole only either.
Is it an oversight of the description or a bug?
Last edited by SkyCore on Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

UrshMost
Space Kraken

Re: Solar Hull cant be produced except in black hole systems

#2 Post by UrshMost »

From the Solar Hull pedia entry:

"This ship requires a tremendous amount of energy to construct and must harness energy from particle-antiparticle collisions on the event horizon of a Black Hole in its formation."
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build

SkyCore
Space Floater

Re: Solar Hull cant be produced except in black hole systems

#3 Post by SkyCore »

UrshMost wrote:From the Solar Hull pedia entry:

"This ship requires a tremendous amount of energy to construct and must harness energy from particle-antiparticle collisions on the event horizon of a Black Hole in its formation."
Well thats embarrassing. Apparently my reading comprehension isnt what i thought it was.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Ignore this

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

To be fair, that sentence is poorly written. The gameplay-relevant information is effectively hidden by irrelevant flavour text, which a player is likely to skim over and then decide to skip the whole sentence before getting to the important bit at the end.

Bromstarzan
Dyson Forest

Re: Ignore this

#5 Post by Bromstarzan »

Geoff the Medio wrote:To be fair, that sentence is poorly written. The gameplay-relevant information is effectively hidden by irrelevant flavour text, which a player is likely to skim over and then decide to skip the whole sentence before getting to the important bit at the end.
I agree that sometimes there's so much flavour in the Pedia that the facts gets lost. However, this is also a feature adding to the charm of FO. I'm like: "what a h*ll does that mean?" and later I figure it out and the Pedia makes a whole lot of sense. What I'm saying is; while Pedia being a bit cryptical sometimes, it also adds to the game giving it a SF-character. And as a commander in chief, not knowing what everything means, is a bonus adding immersion. In a way, I don't long for the day when I understand the mechanics 100% in this game. Know what I mean? The unknown is a "feature".

The more I read the Pedia, the more I appreciate it - it is awesome in many aspects! Just my recent reflection.
| i7 7700K [email protected] | GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 32GB | PSU: 750w | W10 x64 | 2xAcer1920x1080 |