Alt-C broken

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
UrshMost
Space Kraken

Alt-C broken

#1 Post by UrshMost »

In the build 2016-10-3, alt-c (to turn on the distance circle) works for the first system that I activate it on, but then will only turn on or off for that system. I am unable to activate it on another system.
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Alt-C broken

#2 Post by Vezzra »

What happens if you turn it on, and then select another system? Does the circle stay at the system that has been selected when you turned it on, does it disappear or does it move to the newly selected system?

UrshMost
Space Kraken

#3 Post by UrshMost »

After testing some more, i have found that;

If I single click on a system and press Alt-c, it works as you would expect. I can then click on another system the circle moves with the system focus and I can turn it on or off.

If I double click on a system and press Alt-c, it turns on and off for that system but cannot be moved to other systems, except;

- if I change the zoom, in which case the circle will jump to the current system but will now be stuck on that system, or

- if I click on a ship, it reverts back to normal, following the system focus.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#4 Post by Vezzra »

Just tried to reproduce the issue, and found that the problem isn't double-clicking a system, but the production screen (which gets opened when you double-click on a system).

The problem is simply that when the production screen is open, the distance circle gets displayed for the system that has been selected when the production screen has been opened. Even if you open the production screen, then select another system and only after that switch on the distance circle, it gets displayed for the system that has been selected when opening the production screen, not the system that has been selected when switching on the circle.

Once you close the production screen, the distance circle immediately jumps to the selected system.

At least that is how it works on my system.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#5 Post by Vezzra »

UrshMost
Space Kraken

#6 Post by UrshMost »

Vezzra wrote:Just tried to reproduce the issue, and found that the problem isn't double-clicking a system, but the production screen (which gets opened when you double-click on a system).

The problem is simply that when the production screen is open, the distance circle gets displayed for the system that has been selected when the production screen has been opened. Even if you open the production screen, then select another system and only after that switch on the distance circle, it gets displayed for the system that has been selected when opening the production screen, not the system that has been selected when switching on the circle.

Once you close the production screen, the distance circle immediately jumps to the selected system.

At least that is how it works on my system.
That makes sense, and matches what I'm seeing.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#7 Post by Vezzra »

Fix has been merged: 8225f1d.

@UrshMost, the next test builds will already contain the fix, please report back if that solved the issue for you.