Cursor Disappearing over window

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Almoose
Space Krill

Cursor Disappearing over window

#1 Post by Almoose »

Hi,
Just installed the latest version - this is my first time trying to play the game. Everything seems to run ok but the cursor goes invisible in game, making it unplayable. When I manage to click options and the panel comes up, suddenly the cursor is viewable again, but as soon as I click off it and go back into the game it disappears again.

Have there been similar issues - can anyone offer a suggestion how to get it working?

Thanks

dbenage-cx
Programmer

Re: Cursor Disappearing over window

#2 Post by dbenage-cx »

Hi Almoose, can you attach the log files? Location of these depends on your os, see config wiki page for info.

After you copy the log files, you might try running with the --render-simple command-line flag.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

This sounds remarkably similar to what I had on my old Windows laptop but we never did manage to work out the cause other than to narrow it down to graphics card issues, I had occasional flickering of mouse but mostly it was either there or not depending on what window was in front of my, but where it was was obvious for mouseover effects.

We didn't fix the problem because that laptop died on me, but we know it needs to be fixed.

I therefore assume but am not certain it's linked to: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/issues/676
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

ShannonRundquist
Space Krill

#4 Post by ShannonRundquist »

I have the same issue on Windows 7 SP 1. Been working fine on my work Mac, decided to install on home pc today, no go. Tried numerous compatibility options including the --render-simple, nothing worked. Two log files attached.
Attachments
freeoriond.log
(2.02 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
freeorion.log
(5.83 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

adrian_broher
Programmer

#5 Post by adrian_broher »

@ShannonRundquist

Are you running a Intel HD3000 graphic card?
Resident code gremlin
Attached patches are released under GPL 2.0 or later.
Git author: Marcel Metz