My game testing thread

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: My game testing thread

#46 Post by MatGB »

That's not currently well documented because we never agreed the exact details on how to finish the feature.

It's linked to the idea that troop building should consume troops from somewhere but we didn't have time to finish the idea let alone update the AI.

And it's the AI update that's the kicker.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#47 Post by defaultuser »

Yeah, I've heard some of the suggestions, like only being able to build as many troop ships as defense forces. I'm not a fan. I guess to my mind the cost of building the ship includes troop training. I think too much of this stuff will greatly slow down late games and just lead to people quitting them out of irritation when many unnecessary turns are added.

EricF
Space Dragon

#48 Post by EricF »

I agree completely.
If you are going to create some independent troop creation process then you should also make troop ships reusable.
Which I really wouldn't be a huge fan of. It's simple the way it is now and that's one of this games strong points.
Of course I don't understand why regular ship weapons can't be used to attack populations, but obviously this was a game design decision made a long time ago.

user0169
Space Floater

#49 Post by user0169 »

Ok that may be logical not to allow troops until the planet has some troops available. Practically it makes not much difference as soon as you know why :)

v0.4.6 the next one: Scylior does not add the bonus for "Good Population"; as seen in the pic
Attachments
Scylior.png
Scylior.png (130.29 KiB) Viewed 377 times

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#50 Post by MatGB »

Good population only applies to some effects, good environment is one, as are the biological /genetic techs. Research symbiotic biology or the xenological stuff.

Confirm that by looking at a homework or other good environment world.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.