Game Extent Past simple combat

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Evildweeb
Space Krill

Game Extent Past simple combat

#1 Post by Evildweeb »

I have been playing this only for a week or so.

And since I am NOT a combat freak, I look into these games for more than what they have. I look for DYNAMICS, as well as deeper essence.

And since some of you have only recently come over here from GTA or Mario Brothers, this is not the game for you. It is not blow everything up as soon as possible and walk away patting yourself on the back as another game defeated.

Combat games are for the retards. In essence, it is the lowest common demoninator for sheep.

I came from the old school - Freelancer, as well as C&C RTS, FPS, RPG, from the beginning. Combat is in essence for solo ego junkies.

If you want an ego boost - go back to EVE, or for the more complicated ego-psychotics - Entropia.

So without further adieu, let me show you a SMIDGEN of what this game offers:

This is a 4-arm spiral, no monsters, ZERO AI. Exploration, Research, Building (novel idea I know), and data assimilation ....

What follows is quite an eye-opener for you combat freaks.

The Theory of Everything.

It only gets better from here .....

Fully loaded .....

And for one last little tidbit - here is something that's not EVEN on the list ..... LOL

All I am saying is play the game. Its not about how many aliens you can kill - its about how much you can learn.

And I left out screenshots of some effing PHENOMINAL pieces.

Mwahahahaha

Let the games begin. :lol:

Damiac
Space Floater

Re: Game Extent Past simple combat

#2 Post by Damiac »

Wow nice attitude. You've played "old school" games like freelancer? Do tell...

It's possible to like something without being a condescending dipshit, and you failed. Talk about padding your ego!

I like this game. I like 'combat games' too. In fact, I like mario brothers and GTA as well!

But yeah, call everyone who doesn't think just like you a 'retard' and 'sheep'. You're totally the first person to ever use those terms, how wonderfully original of you.

Also, killing everything is very much a viable strategy in this game. I find it a lot more fun than winning by researching a tech!

But you know, combat games are for idiots. Like chess, that game is for total morons right?

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#3 Post by defaultuser »

YHBT. YHL.

EricF
Space Dragon

#4 Post by EricF »

he he, I was tempted to respond to this as well. :lol:

Damiac
Space Floater

#5 Post by Damiac »

defaultuser wrote:YHBT. YHL.
It's impossible to tell the difference between a sufficiently ignorant and self assured person from a troll. So I gave the OP the benefit of the doubt in the department of ignorance. And uh... it's sad to say that this kind of elitism is not rare, especially when it comes to 'deeper' games.