Icons for Proposed Specials

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
labgnome
Juggernaut

Icons for Proposed Specials

#1 Post by labgnome »

So I proposed some new specials for the game here and here. I've been thinking about them and putting my hand to modding now that I have a good computer situation and notepad++. Anyway consider these free to use, as that's why I'm putting them here. They are made from existing Free Orion graphical resources modified by myself in Gimp.

Here are the atmousphere specials.
An atmosphere special for organic species (like us).
An atmosphere special for organic species (like us).
biogenic_atmosphere.png (7.79 KiB) Viewed 10291 times
An atmosphere special for our lithic species.
An atmosphere special for our lithic species.
volcanic_atmosphere.png (5.39 KiB) Viewed 10291 times
An atmosphere special for our robot species.
An atmosphere special for our robot species.
industrial_atmosphere.png (7.41 KiB) Viewed 10291 times
The idea is that they give a population bonus to the preferred metabolism and a population malus to all the other types. I made them by re-coloring the cloud graphic and copying and pasting the corner letters form the existing metabolism specials.
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.

labgnome
Juggernaut

Re: Icons for Proposed Specials

#2 Post by labgnome »

Here is a graphic for the no atmosphere special. I'm not completely sold on it, but it's what I was able to put together.
Attachments
Nothing to breathe here.
Nothing to breathe here.
no_atmosphere.png (16.6 KiB) Viewed 10290 times
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.

labgnome
Juggernaut

#3 Post by labgnome »

Here are the graphics for the proposed organic environmental and ecological specials
Attachments
Let's not be crude...
Let's not be crude...
hydrocarbons.png (19.64 KiB) Viewed 10290 times
All the creatures great and small!
All the creatures great and small!
ecology.png (27.15 KiB) Viewed 10290 times

labgnome
Juggernaut

#4 Post by labgnome »

Here are the graphics for the proposed lithic environmental and ecological specials
Attachments
They fear the hippies, their natural predator
They fear the hippies, their natural predator
living_crystals.png (12.6 KiB) Viewed 10290 times
Everyone loves the hot springs
Everyone loves the hot springs
geothermal_vent.png (7.3 KiB) Viewed 10290 times

labgnome
Juggernaut

#5 Post by labgnome »

Here are the graphics for the proposed robotic environmental and ecological specials
Attachments
What harm could just one do?
What harm could just one do?
replicating_units.png (19.56 KiB) Viewed 10290 times
Omnomnomnom...
Omnomnomnom...
nanite_swarm.png (5.69 KiB) Viewed 10290 times

labgnome
Juggernaut

#6 Post by labgnome »

Here are the graphics for the proposed phototrophic ecological special. I was thinking we could re-use the graphic for the "solid core" special for their radiation shield/magnetic field special.
Attachments
We love the nightlife!
We love the nightlife!
bioluminescence.png (15.96 KiB) Viewed 10290 times

labgnome
Juggernaut

#7 Post by labgnome »

Last but not least here are the graphics for the proposed slef-sustaining environmental and ecological specials
Attachments
There is a slight humming...
There is a slight humming...
sustained_fields.png (28.41 KiB) Viewed 10290 times
Dancing lights!
Dancing lights!
plasma_life.png (10.55 KiB) Viewed 10290 times

labgnome
Juggernaut

#8 Post by labgnome »

I realize these might not be the best and I'm open to feedback, I just wanted to put these out there.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#9 Post by Geoff the Medio »

A note in your signature that you release everything in your posts under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 would be helpful...

labgnome
Juggernaut

#10 Post by labgnome »

Geoff the Medio wrote:A note in your signature that you release everything in your posts under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 would be helpful...
So yeah, after looking it up: all of this should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0. Should I go back a edit the previous posts or is this good?

Bromstarzan
Dyson Forest

#11 Post by Bromstarzan »

I think by simply adding a statement in your signature it applies automatically to your posts (and previously posted posts).
| i7 7700K [email protected] | GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 32GB | PSU: 750w | W10 x64 | 2xAcer1920x1080 |

labgnome
Juggernaut

#12 Post by labgnome »

Done.