world move did not work

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
godel
Space Dragon

world move did not work

#1 Post by godel »

I wanted to move a world to a nearby black hole.
I created a ship (ok two ships) that had the target (Mobile planetary beacon) in them, set one to active one to peaceful. I sent them to the black hole.
One link away I created a planet mover on the planet I wanted moved.
I checked and found I had to set the planet to move-focus. Did so.
Waited a turn. Waited another turn
Nothing happened.

Fail?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: world move did not work

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Post a save from which the issue can be reproduced. Post a server log file from the turn or two when you observe the problem. Post screenshots of everything set up how you think it should work but not working.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

What Geoff said. Looking at the scripts it should have worked assuming everything is set OK, but you only need one ship, and the aggression setting is irrelevent.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

godel
Space Dragon

#4 Post by godel »

Ok this is way after the event but still shows conditions that should long have prompted a move.
The stars are in the upper left, and are selected, and shown in the right side column.
The ships are in a star system next door that has a black hole. The ships are shown in a side panel to the left.

File exceds 1M limit I will return to this later.