No effect or just no visible effect?

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

godel
Space Dragon

No effect or just no visible effect?

#1 Post by godel »

Force Field Camouflage is supposed to hide buildings. Yet when this advance is researched, the stealth of the worlds does not increase. Or if it does, it is not noted. So far as I can see, no effect whatsoever.
Pure Energy Metabolism is supposed to change research and manufacturing rates. After it is researched, check any research or manufacturing site and you will see a list of what contributes to the respective output. And PEM is not mentioned.
Build 2017-01-23d3d9204 (which has a few other problems mostly related to sizing things on the screen)

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: No effect or just no visible effect?

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

godel wrote:Pure Energy Metabolism is supposed to change research and manufacturing rates. After it is researched, check any research or manufacturing site and you will see a list of what contributes to the respective output. And PEM is not mentioned.
I think it's supposed to make those meters grow faster, not change their target values.

godel
Space Dragon

#3 Post by godel »

Partial quote from the game description:
Increases ... target industry on all planets with industry focus ...
That sounds like an increase in max possible industry, not an increase in the rate of getting from zero to max.
Ditto research.
It actually uses the words Target Industry, similar to what you use when you say max industry on a planet

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by MatGB »

Geoff, you're thinking of Force Energy Structures, which now both works and displays correctly.

Godel, PEM is working for me, I just loaded a game where it completed, it's the second line item bonus for both research on research worlds and industry on industry worlds, if it's specifically not working for your config I'd need more data to check, can you recheck in a savegame, put up a screenshot?
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

godel
Space Dragon

#5 Post by godel »

Sorry to be such a problem, how again for the screen shot? The last screenshot I tried could not fit into the limits of this forum.

From what I recall, the list of things that add up to the total research or manufacturing never included this. I just took it on faith that it was somehow working.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#6 Post by MatGB »

Crop the image to just be the relevant part of the screen, then resize or resample it and save it as either a .jpg or a .png: we have recently increased the filesize limit but images posted need to be just what's needed to look at not an entire screen.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

godel
Space Dragon

#7 Post by godel »

Ok now I need to set up and play a game that goes that far.
Actually if I play a game I have won and take it that far all will be stabilized and will show the effects or lack of them easier. OK, Im on it.

*OK, cyborgs work (just noting in passing)
*Taking a check before Force Energy Camouflage upgrade: total stealth for a planet is 65 (trith, volcanic ash, standard), after upgrade: 65, technical advance is a failure.
*Before Pure Energy Metabolism upgrade:
one planet (Electra III) is research oriented at 8.74 showing Tirth research focus (3.74) +Algor. Ele. (1.87)+ Dist. T.C (1.87), + AI(2.0) - frenzy (0.75)
One planet (Dabinh I) is manufacturing oriented at total 22.5 showing Laenfa industry focus (1.5)+ fusion (1.5) + Industrial center (3) -trith harrasment (0.75) + robotic production(.75) +adaptive automation (5) + gas giant (10) + solar orbital (1.5)

Dang! it does note that it is there. I am sorry to bug you on this.
So report reverts to FEC not working.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#8 Post by MatGB »

I'd missed Camouflage: that doesn't affect the planet, only the Orbital buildings: if you find a Laenfa homeworld early, regularly all you can see is the scanlined planet and the shipyards, if their player had researched FEC then you wouldn't be able to see the shipyards as the buildings get better stealth.

Currently it's mostly a pointless tech but it'll get rewritten/more important when we do more with Stealth.
Mat Bowles