Dragon Tooth-less

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
mem359
Dyson Forest

Dragon Tooth-less

#1 Post by mem359 »

I got a Dragon Tooth from some Ancient Ruins.
Noticed it had 0 attack.
Three Death Rays, all with 0 attack.

I'm assuming this was a technology requirement. (Don't even have plasma cannons yet.)
Seems odd. By the time I have researched Death Rays, I won't need the Dragon Tooth anymore.
Are the weapons being useless a design choice, or a bug?

I'm wondering if it would be better to lower its weapons to either Laser or Plasma Cannon (or maybe the Kraken jaws/bite?) so it might defend itself before it gets obsolete. Or maybe just make it a pure scout ship.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Dragon Tooth-less

#2 Post by Dilvish »

there is a PR up that fixes this, but it hasn't been merged yet.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

dbenage-cx
Programmer

#3 Post by dbenage-cx »

This was a bug, I just merged the pending PR so should be fixed in master.

One thought to improve desirability of not only the Dragon Tooth, but also Xentronium Hull, is to increase the rate of fire (with reduced damage).
By itself, might not be enough to make researching the hull desirable, at least until we flesh out part based upkeep.
Any content posted should be considered licensed GNU GPL 2.0 and/or CC-BY-SA 3.0 as appropriate.

mem359
Dyson Forest

#4 Post by mem359 »

dbenage-cx wrote:This was a bug, I just merged the pending PR so should be fixed in master.
Yah, made a build today from master, and the Dragon Tooth has active Death Rays again. Thanks.