No ships available on first turn

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
ghealy
Space Kraken

No ships available on first turn

#1 Post by ghealy »

Just installed FreeOrion_2017-08-02.b9fdf9e_Test_Win32_Setup.

Was trying to add an outpost ship to the production queue, but it is not offered in the list of possible things to build. Has something changed in this version?

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: No ships available on first turn

#2 Post by Dilvish »

I have not tested that exact commit, but I have checked a later one and there was no problem. Perhaps you had accidentally deselected either the 'ships' button or the 'available' button on the build designator panel?
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

Alternatively, there might be a bug in the 'import ship designs at start' options or it may have accidentally been turned off: you can now not have the default ships if you don't want them, right click on the design pane to see if it's ticked.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

ghealy
Space Kraken

#4 Post by ghealy »

Oops. My bad. Sorry guys. The problem was Error code ID10T. :) I had inadvertently unchecked load default ships at start in the OTHER tab of options when I had meant to uncheck Load Saved Ship Designs at start.

Proper boxes ticked and un-ticked and all is back to normal.

Thanks MatGB for pointing me in the right direction.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by MatGB »

s'alright.

Why d'you think I knew that was likely?

(I did it unintentionally while testing the feature before it was merged in) :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.