Imperial stockpile - PP vs SP for stockpile points

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Imperial stockpile - PP vs SP for stockpile points

#1 Post by Ophiuchus »

I think it could help the UI and the users if we make a difference between production points and stockpile points.
PP and SP are different kind of resources even if they both can be used for production.

PP, if not used are excess and go to waste.
SP, stick around until use

E.g. instead of saying something like "The stockpile ratio of excess PP get transferred to the stockpile" you can say "The stockpile ratio is the amount of SP every excess PP yields."

Also the different unit gives some extra context which helps save screen space (see the attached screenshot; instead of writing 'Maximum Stockpile Use' i can write 'Maximum Use')
Attachments
20170913__stockpile__productionwnd.png
20170913__stockpile__productionwnd.png (57.45 KiB) Viewed 694 times
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Imperial stockpile - PP vs SP for stockpile points

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

The unit of production is production points, or PP. The stockpile contains and provides PP. There is no need for another unit.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Imperial stockpile - PP vs SP for stockpile points

#3 Post by Ophiuchus »

Geoff the Medio wrote:The unit of production is production points, or PP. The stockpile contains and provides PP. There is no need for another unit.
One definitly doesnt need another unit if one understands the concepts and knows what the UI text means. Probably my concerns about explaining the concepts concisely are unfounded.

I'll stick with PP then and try to find good descriptions.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!