Exobots not getting Adaptive Automation?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Exobots not getting Adaptive Automation?

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Playing 2017-10-03.9db0569

I'm human. Got adaptive automation some time ago. Then I conquered the Trith system Suno alpha (one planet with Trith and two uncolonised asteroid belts). Once I've built up the twoc corresponding Exobot colonies I find out that they are not getting the "Fundación Tech Adaptive Automation +5.00" in them.
I'm not sure but I thought asteroid exobot colonies do get the adaptive automation boost. Am I missing something or did I find a bug?

I attach a save before finishing the exobot colonies (turn 95) and the one from the screenshots (turn 99).
Attachments
OthersYesAdaptiveAutomation.png
OthersYesAdaptiveAutomation.png (387.54 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
ExobotsNoAdaptiveAutomation.png
ExobotsNoAdaptiveAutomation.png (363.77 KiB) Viewed 1312 times

[The extension sav has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension sav has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

dbenage-cx
Programmer

Re: Exobots not getting Adaptive Automation?

#2 Post by dbenage-cx »

Did not try loading with that build, with more recent build the saves fail to load for me.

From the current pop on those asteroids, I'm guessing the target population is less than 0.0001?
The intent of that restriction is to prevent PP increases for outposts (see Issue #1120), maybe it should check current pop instead?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by Oberlus »

dbenage-cx wrote:I'm guessing the target population is less than 0.0001?
Oh, right! I lack xenological...
I guess it makes more sense that restriction on current population, but well, I don't consider it a bug now :)

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by MatGB »

dbenage-cx wrote:Did not try loading with that build, with more recent build the saves fail to load for me.

From the current pop on those asteroids, I'm guessing the target population is less than 0.0001?
The intent of that restriction is to prevent PP increases for outposts (see Issue #1120), maybe it should check current pop instead?
My memory is telling me that there was a clear reason why we didn't do that, but not telling me what that reason was, fairly sure it's been discussed before. Anyone?

Because it does seem buggy, there can be many reasons why a target pop could be below 1 but not dead yet.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

dbenage-cx
Programmer

#5 Post by dbenage-cx »

Since history is a little hard to follow: For that specific check, previous change was here

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#6 Post by Dilvish »

and to help understand some of the no-longer-used macros in the commit that dbenage-cx linked to, I found it helpful to refer to this commit.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0