Possible bug, missing sitrep?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Possible bug, missing sitrep?

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Hi,

Playing FO 2017-12-24.8eac1c3

I attach two saves of a game, for turns 16 and 17, and a capture of the galaxy setup in case you need to start the game from scratch.
At turn 16 an enemy ship has attacked my only, undefended colony; one scout is heading to that system (unintentional, to a probable death).
At turn 17 the attacking ship is gone (could have got out of radar range) but I'm amazed by the lack of a sitrep of the scout getting to the system in that turn. The scout actually arrives and I can send it to look for the missing attacking ship. I've double-checked that the only filters I have are to remove welcome and random hints, after showing all, unshowing all and showing all again I still have no sitrep for that scout's arrival.
So maybe you would want to have a look on this...

As a side note, not sure if relevant, the size of the saved game is 606 KB for turn 16 and 1061 KB for next turn.
Attachments
save.zip
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
game_version_galaxy_setup.png
game_version_galaxy_setup.png (239.59 KiB) Viewed 1033 times

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Possible bug, missing sitrep?

#2 Post by Vezzra »

Can you open an issue on github (with a link to the thread here)?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Oberlus wrote:Playing FO 2017-12-24.8eac1c3
The save you attached contains

Code: Select all

<freeorion_version>v0.4.7+ [build 2017-10-03.9db0569] MSVC 2015</freeorion_version>
When I try to load it, it fails with

12:40:57.364576 [error] server : SaveLoad.cpp:442 : LoadGame(...) failed!  Error: input stream error
12:40:57.364576 [debug] timer : ScopedTimer.cpp:34 : LoadGame: C:\Users\Geoff\AppData\Roaming\FreeOrion\save\missing_sitreps_t16.sav time:      206 ms
12:40:57.364576 [error] server : ServerApp.cpp:880 : ServerApp::LoadSPGameInit skipping unsupported client type in player save game data

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by Oberlus »

Geoff the Medio wrote:The save you attached contains

<freeorion_version>v0.4.7+ [build 2017-10-03.9db0569] MSVC 2015</freeorion_version>
Weird, isn't it? I had installed 2017-10-03.9db0569 test version in the past, but since then I've also tried 2017-11-13.b6940d0, 2017-12-04.25bd9a9 and 2017-12-11.05ee54a.
I'm gonna try downloading the installer again. BTW, this is what the uninstaller shows me:
uninstall.png
uninstall.png (7.31 KiB) Viewed 1003 times
So the version installed seems to be 2017-12-24.8eac1c3. The installer I used is FreeOrion_2017-12-24.8eac1c3_Test_Win32_Setup.exe, downloaded 2017/12/27. And I started the game (the attached saved games in the first post) from scratch with this version of FO (in fact, I played other games before, so there is no chance this is a saved game from previous versions).

Can this be a problem with Windows registers of something like that? My Windows 7 is unlicensed.
Vezzra wrote:Can you open an issue on github (with a link to the thread here)?
Sure. Once I try what I said above, if the problem persists.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by Oberlus »

Ok, now I've noticed the saved game for turn 16 has a timestamp of two months ago! So I picked up the wrong saved game. Sorry, Geoff.

I've deleted every saved game (auto folder too) and I'm replaying the game again and see if there is any problem.

Edit: after starting the game from scratch I get a blank situational report window, with the "back" button greyed. When I clicked on the "last" button nothing happened, when I clicked on "next" I got the usual list of unlocked techs/parts/buildings for the initial turn and the three buttons appears as greyed. I think this weird behaviour has something to do with having tried to load that incorrect old saved game and that it is not a bug, but I dunno. This happens again if I reload the saved game for turn 1, even with FO restarted and the game started from scrath (no loading whatsoever). Should I open an issue on github?

Edit2: I found this:
fleet_destination_and_path_not_showing.png
fleet_destination_and_path_not_showing.png (250.57 KiB) Viewed 997 times
That scout arrived there previous turn, at the beginning of this turn I send it to one of the unexplored systems (can't remember which one) and everything was fine. Then I went giving orders to other ships but before clicking next turn I revisited each ship to see that all of them got new orders and noticed what you see in the screen capture: that the destination and path is not showing up. If you select again the ship and give new orders nothing happens and the ship stays in the upper left side of the systems (even if the last order is to remain in that system). However, if you click next turn the ship honors the last order you gave it (including the one to remain at the system), so the only problem seems to be in the GUI. I got a saved for the turn of the image, I can open an issue on github if you want it.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#6 Post by Oberlus »

I've replayed this up to turn 16 for two times now and the Abaddoni frigate that should get to Rhilus Gamma on turn 16 is not showing up. So I can't reproduce the possible bug for which I opened this thread.
I guess we can ignore this until it happens again? (and then I will make sure the attached saved games are the right ones).

But do not miss to check my Edit and Edit2 points on my previous post.