Auto-save problems

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
defaultuser
Juggernaut

Re: Auto-save problems

#16 Post by defaultuser »

Unfortunately, I accidentally closed the game. I started a new one with the same startup conditions, but that's saving games normally. I won't be able to assist anymore unless it reoccurs.

Brodda
Space Krill

#17 Post by Brodda »

Actually i have issues with saving, too. The game does save, but it take somthing between 30-60 minutes....

I have already changed the savig mode, but it´s not realy faster. I will try a restart of my system and report if that has solved the problem or not.

Edit: first i thought the problem would be the AI-computing because of Map-size/AI´s, but i reduced the autosave to every 5th turn and everything was fine, exept waiting for turn 230... 235...240...

So it´s obviously the saving process.Still waiting for the end of the saving processto try a restart.
Last edited by Brodda on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#18 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Brodda wrote:Actually i have issues with saving, too. The game does save, but it take somthing between 30-60 minutes....
Please post .log files from immediately after completing such a save.

Brodda
Space Krill

#19 Post by Brodda »

Sorry, atually not reproduceable. Restarting the game solved the issue. But next time saving takes longer than 10 minutes i will post the log. All logs, including the AI.log files?

Morlic
AI Contributor

#20 Post by Morlic »

Brodda wrote:including the AI.log files?
yes
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0