Pimping Star Chamber

Talk about strategy games like MoO series, Civilization, Europa Universalis, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

Black_Dawn
Space Floater

Pimping Star Chamber

#1 Post by Black_Dawn »

Hey guys. The players on the Star Chamber forum have been trying to get a grass-roots campaign going to spread the word about the game, so I thought I'd do my part.

http://starchamber.station.sony.com/

I've been playing Star Chamber for going on 5 years now, and I'm still not tired of it. It's a combination turn-based strategy and collectible card game game, in a MOO-like space setting. The game is played against other human players over the internet, although there are single player campaigns as well.

The turn-based strategy portion is arranged like a board game. There are a series of planets joined by Jump lanes (sound familiar?), and the object of the game is to control the board to gain advantage in one of the three win conditions.

This is the best part of the game: there are three ways of winning. The easiest is simply to conquer your opponent's home world. The second easiest is to earn 30 more Destiny than your opponent (which you do mainly by controlling 'artifact' planets). The hardest way is a political victory, which requires winning three Power Play votes at the Star Chamber.

The CCG portion of the game is as you would expect, although the community tries to give new players the full set of Common cards for free.

Try playing a free game (press the Play Now button on the main site) before committing to anything.
Professor Hernandez, Human ambassador to Silica:
"Hey, rocks are people too!"
Black Dawn