Learning trail at Wikiversity for free/open source game dev

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
mirwin
Space Krill

Learning trail at Wikiversity for free/open source game dev

#1 Post by mirwin »

Hi all.

I just joined the forum. I am interested in java based game production and have started a generic game production learning trail at Wikiversity. To succeed we will need interesting people and examples of production tasks from project such as this one. At the moment we have no one knowledgeable with blender but I am learning Art of Illusion. Perhaps I (or others at Wikiversity) could do some gizmo modeling or spacecraft modeling or some animation shorts if you are using them. We would be pleased to have any of your artists drop by and explain how they accomplished some task for free orion and provide whatever interim graphics or explanation or tutorials they can or work with us to figure out how to do something. If some of your programmes or designers wish to start similar trails at Wikiveristy we will link back and forth so newcomers can find their niches quickly. The link to the first overview page is http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/A_Hands- ... _Processes.

I hope to work with some of you there or here soon.

Sincerely,
Michael R. Irwin
user:mirwin at Wikiversity

p.s. Do not be bashful about posting tasks or examples or experience gained from FreeOrion just because we have establised a community learning project of another space game, cisLunarFreighter.

p.s.2 It is not clear to me whether I download and install all four windows executables sequentially or just the last one. Can someone help me out here and maybe put a clarifying note on the download page for others? Thanks!

tzlaine
Programming Lead Emeritus

#2 Post by tzlaine »

You only need to download the latest version.