real orion

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#2 Post by Aquitaine »

No. If we build an Orion game without a star system Orion, we'll get lynched.

The Orion belt in real life has no relation. :)

Aq
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#5 Post by Aquitaine »

The decision of whether or not to incorporate things like that is up to Burndaddy. We've avoided use of pictures like that in the past for copyright reasons.

-Aq
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#7 Post by Tyreth »

Completely off topic, those pictures are beautiful - I love space.

Impaler
Creative Contributor

#9 Post by Impaler »

The Orion nebula is acutaly the Pinkish blob half way between the two Red Elipses. Its said to be the tip of Orions sword which hangs from the afor mentioned belt.

Also notice the redish tint of the upper left hand star Betaluguse, it is a Red Giant the size of our entire solar system and scientists expect it to go Super Nova some day (it might actualy have already done that but the light hasent reached us yet). When it dose it should be quite an incredible thing to see as you would equivalent in light output to the full moon and would be visable durring day light.
Fear is the Mind Killer - Frank Herbert -Dune

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#11 Post by Tyreth »

Okarena wrote:please note: Okarena designs with 25% more love than next leading designer. ;-)
Are you quoting Futurama here? I love that show 8)

Impaler
Creative Contributor

#13 Post by Impaler »

yes that Futurama is good :)
Fear is the Mind Killer - Frank Herbert -Dune