Turn Processing GUI

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
Almkaz
Space Floater

Turn Processing GUI

#1 Post by Almkaz »

Hello,
Currently I am working on turn processing and am displaying the turn processing progress on the client. For now I'm simply popping up a small box in the center of the map window, with a small border and a background color of black. In this I display the turn phase ( fleet movement, combat, etc ) as well as the empire's name. Right now it kinda looks like programmer art. So I have some questions: Is this close to what the GUI should look like? How could it be made prettier ( a background texture or something? ) What information should it contain? Thanks!

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#2 Post by Tyreth »

Can you post a screenshot of what it currently looks like? Or maybe the artists can come up with something better without a pic perhaps...

tsev
Space Kraken

#3 Post by tsev »

The design doc for 0.1 states that the turn processing GUI will be a full screen image with text that describes the current process. For instance, it will say "Processing turn: Population Growth", then it will switch to "Processing turn: Resolving Combat" or something like that, etc. etc. Contact the art team to come up with a splash screen to display as a backdrop.
FreeOrion Programmer

Almkaz
Space Floater

#4 Post by Almkaz »

Great - thanks for your reply. I read the part in the desgin spec about the text but missed that it was full screen with an image. I'll do that - how do I make a request to the art team for this image? Do I just make a new post with request: in the subject?
Thanks!

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#5 Post by Tyreth »

I recommend you pm Miu on the forums and let him handle it - unless he tells us he'd prefer it done another way.

tsev
Space Kraken

#6 Post by tsev »

you can go ahead and build the screen with any stand-in image, even use the main menu background if you want. When the new art becomes available, just plug it in. I was envisioning the art team coming up with a lot of full-screen images that we could use, so maybe we could add a facility to just choose one at random each time.....that might make turn-processing a little less boring.
FreeOrion Programmer