Icons

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
Satyagraha
Space Kraken

Icons

#1 Post by Satyagraha »

a bunch of icons i just made... is this what you were thinking of or something different?

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#2 Post by pd »

great ;) i like them.

vorenhutz
Pupating Mass

#3 Post by vorenhutz »

The guy with the rifle seems to be straight out of some propaganda poster - not that that's a bad thing, I like :)

Satyagraha
Space Kraken

#4 Post by Satyagraha »

the revolution-icon is a strange mix...

1) picked guy from a communist propaganda page
2) added rifle from gunshop-owning redneck´s site o.O

miu
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#5 Post by miu »

They do look good. What is the icon next to building, technology researched? It needs some finetuning. Care to work on icons for diplomacy, spying, ship buildt as well? :)
Difference between a man and a gentleman is that a man does what he wants, a gentleman does what he should. - Albert Camus

Satyagraha
Space Kraken

#6 Post by Satyagraha »

sure :)

the icon was supposed to be a space base... i know it doesn´t work well, i´ll better redo it from scratch.

what do u think about the blue glow? meanwhile, i think white & sharp edges (like in the UI suggestion) would fit the rest of the design better.

miu
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#7 Post by miu »

Glow looks nice, I like it, color though - I don't know yet, blue fit's current better than white, having white borders would mean redesigning the whole theme of ours, which probaply will be good to do at some point. But let's finish designing the UI for 0.2 first, before we start discussing what kind of theme would be suit us best. I'll open up thread about the it later.
Difference between a man and a gentleman is that a man does what he wants, a gentleman does what he should. - Albert Camus

Satyagraha
Space Kraken

#8 Post by Satyagraha »

too late, already changed it ;)
i added 2 pics with the current windows to give an impression how it looks.

Zanzibar
Psionic Snowflake

#9 Post by Zanzibar »

What about an icon for research... like, research complete, new research branch available, etc...??

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

#10 Post by utilae »

Cool. Those icons look good. Though the espionage one, I am not sure that a magnifying glass represents espionage. There must be something better. What about an image of a spy. Though how to make the spy look like a spy. Maybe the spy has a question mark to represent, that the enemy don't know he's a spy. Though if anything better can be thought of . . .

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#11 Post by pd »

Though the espionage one, I am not sure that a magnifying glass represents espionage. There must be something better.
i think the espionage icon is great. but i don't like the diplomacy icon, because is shows humans. if i play klackon, i don't want to see humans in my sitrep...it robs me the feeling of being klackon :) the same problem would occur with a spy icon showing a (human) spy....or tech graphics(we should pay attention to this in future)

Satyagraha
Space Kraken

#12 Post by Satyagraha »

thx for reminding, i simply forgot about the research icon ;)

i tried espionage with a spy too, but i didn´t like it.
1) like pd said, it´s race-specific.
2) you have to make him look like a detective or something, with a hat, which makes it look very old-fashioned.

i just couldn´t find a better solution for diplomacy... i thought maybe a signed contract, but it´s hard to do with just a few pixels... any other ideas?

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#13 Post by pd »

maybe something like this?

research looks good to me.

vorenhutz
Pupating Mass

#14 Post by vorenhutz »

@pd:
that looks like a demon summoning circle, are those in FO too? ;P

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus