My Sound Effects / Voice overs test thread.

Samples of sound/music, ideas or suggestions related to the development of audio assets for FreeOrion.
xanoblivion
Space Floater

My Sound Effects / Voice overs test thread.

#1 Post by xanoblivion »

This thread will contain some test sound effects for unit's within the game.

1- This could be a "Yes, I'm going that way", or possibly just a small ambience to a environment/music.
Insectoid race respond/affirmative - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?blhmdmndiz1

2- Ship powers up > pilot confirms order >ship sonic booms into hyperspace.
Battlecruiser Pilot Hyperspace engaging confirm - http://www.mediafire.com/?rizitmzjizn

tzlaine
Programming Lead Emeritus

Re: My Sound Effects / Voice overs test thread.

#2 Post by tzlaine »

I really like the hyperspace sound effect, but the voice needs to be separable. We intend to support arbitrary languages (we can't now, but it will happen eventually). Having an English-based sound effect means that translators would have to re-create the sound effects as well. When making these in future, could you show a demo of how they should be combined, and then provide voice and non-voice channels separately, indicating an offset time for playing them back in game?

xanoblivion
Space Floater

Re: My Sound Effects / Voice overs test thread.

#3 Post by xanoblivion »

tzlaine wrote:I really like the hyperspace sound effect, but the voice needs to be separable. We intend to support arbitrary languages (we can't now, but it will happen eventually). Having an English-based sound effect means that translators would have to re-create the sound effects as well. When making these in future, could you show a demo of how they should be combined, and then provide voice and non-voice channels separately, indicating an offset time for playing them back in game?
I can do that, it'd only take 2 minutes.

For these files, I am currently using -

AV VCS Diamond 6.0.
(and/or)
Audacity.