Sound Events

Samples of sound/music, ideas or suggestions related to the development of audio assets for FreeOrion.
Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#46 Post by Geoff the Medio »

StratCaster wrote:okay, I fixed the sidepanel sound by chopping off the dead space at the beginning.
The updated sound is different, but has its own problems. Now the very start is a high pitched click, which nicely indicates when I'm mouse-clicking, but sounds rather bad in practice. After the click, there's a bit of a delay, and then the main woosh of the opening sound, which is almost as delayed (and still noticably so) as before...
I also lowered the pitch of the button_click.
It is less grating now, but also seems like it's a lot quieter... making it out of loudness balance with the rest of the shounds... Or at least what I'm used to.

The other new button sounds are nice variety. They'll likely come in handy later at some point... My immediate reaction is that some of them might be good for drag-drop ship design, similar to different object types having different sounds when dropped in Diablo 2.

StratCaster
Space Kraken

#47 Post by StratCaster »

Geoff the Medio wrote:The updated sound is different, but has its own problems. Now the very start is a high pitched click, which nicely indicates when I'm mouse-clicking, but sounds rather bad in practice. After the click, there's a bit of a delay, and then the main woosh of the opening sound, which is almost as delayed (and still noticably so) as before...
oh..duh... I know what I did... I will fix it... stay tuned...

and I'll boost the sound on the other one....
"The mighty warships of the Vl'Hurg Empire dived screaming upon the unknowing Earth, where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog." -Hitchhikers Guide