Design: Short term v0.2 econ, or...?

Past public reviews and discussions.
jbarcz1
Creative Contributor

#16 Post by jbarcz1 »

Hmmm, from an implementation point of view, its going to be awefully hard to digitize nightfish so that all our users can download him with the game........ :)

But if it works.... instant PhD's for all of us :)
Empire Team Lead

EntropyAvatar
Space Kraken

#17 Post by EntropyAvatar »

Aquitaine wrote:(design doc this weekend I hope!)
(glances as watch)
(taps foot)
(starts to twiddle thumbs)

Ablaze
Creative Contributor

#18 Post by Ablaze »

(licks lips)
(pounces)
(knocks EntropyAvatar over)

Stop drop and roll, baby!
Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas.

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#19 Post by Tyreth »

It's my fault (partially) that Aquitaine is late on this. I told him we don't need it as quick, because the 0.1 release isn't going to be as soon as I expected.

It will come in good time 8)

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#20 Post by Aquitaine »

Sorry to disappoint you all. I'm in the middle of high season for just about every other part of my life -- many clients, full workload, theatre schedule and show opening soon, so pretty much anything that can get postponed is being postponed.

That said, the damn thing is almost done and needs an afternoon of work to finish. Maybe I'll take a day off next week and just write. But it'll definitely be here in time. :)

-Aq
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

PowerCrazy
Creative Contributor

#21 Post by PowerCrazy »

ALL HAIL AQUITAINE.

(and i mean that in the most sincere way)
Aquitaine is my Hero.... ;)

guiguibaah
Creative Contributor

Good luck!

#22 Post by guiguibaah »

Well if anything - good luck in your endeavours.

Just a though though - if there's any excess minerals, why not have them go into some giant "storage", kinda like the US's petrol reserve. Maybe have a max of, oh I don't know, 500 mineral points - anything over that and it either gets sold, or wasted. Maybe that way, if you suddenly decide "Crap, I gotta go to war" you can rely on your banked reserve to help out crank out more industry points?

Maybe future techs or upgrades will let people store more minerals? Or maybe certain races can store more than others?

Just a thought. Take care!
There are three kinds of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.

Ablaze
Creative Contributor

#23 Post by Ablaze »

You're not the frist to come up with that idea, guiguibaah. You'll find a lengthy descussion on the matter if you scroll down a few threads, or follow this link. :wink:
Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas.