Mining Focus Locations...

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Mining Focus Locations...

#1 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Looking at the mining focus script,

Code: Select all

HAS_MINING_FOCUS
'''Focus
            name = "FOCUS_MINING"
            description = "FOCUS_MINING_DESC"
            location = And [
                HasSpecial "MINERALS_SPECIAL"
                HasSpecial "CRYSTALS_SPECIAL"
                HasSpecial "ELERIUM_SPECIAL"
            ]
            graphic = "icons/focus/mining.png"

'''
Should that be location = Or [...] ? Seems odd that no-one's complained, but it seems like it should be available at a planet with any of those specials, not requiring one with all of them...

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Mining Focus Locations...

#2 Post by MatGB »

There's a mining focus?

I suspect the reason for no complaints is it doesn't work/exist/do anything. I had assumed it had been removed alongside minerals.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Geoff the Medio

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

It's scripted, ineffectively. It may have previously been used to export minerals like growth focus, but the latter was switched to cover all types of growth boost specials.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by MatGB »

In the game I have running in the other window I have Scylior on an Elyrium world, their file says they have mining focus, but nothing is there in the dropdown. Whatever it's meant to do it currently does nothing.

It used to unlock Heavy Mining back when you had industry and mining as separate functions and a pool of minerals to use up, but I wasn't playing at the point that was dumped in favour of the much simpler current system.

Given they currently all give bonuses to industrial production if you're on the industry focus, what would/could you do to them instead? Bonus to production on all industry worlds connected?
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Sloth
Content Scripter

#5 Post by Sloth »

This is intentional. Eleazar disabled the mining focus this way.
All released under the GNU GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licences.

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

#6 Post by Bigjoe5 »

Unless it's coming back sometime soon, I think we should follow up on that by just deleting it.
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

Geoff the Medio

#7 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I do want to add some sort of a strategic resources system, which might work partly through using focus to tell a planet to export a resource, which might involve a "mining" focus, but it doesn't really need to be kept around as scripted now even with that potential use...