New special: World Tree

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

Sloth
Content Scripter

Re: New special: World Tree

#16 Post by Sloth »

Thanks for adding Vezzra and Dilvish.
Dilvish wrote:Sloth, I encourage you to add your original artwork file (if you have something more involved than the png) to the freeorion-assets repository that marcel(adrian_broher) set up. There's not a lot there yet but I think it's worthwhile to keep adding to it.
There's nothing more than the png file. I'm not much of an artist anyway.
Vezzra wrote:Sloth, due to the fact that the patch has been pending for months, it did not go in without issues. There have been changes to the parsers, and I had to solve several parse errors before I got the thing working. Can you check your other still pending patches if they are working with current SVN (take a look at the commit and my edits for pointers) and perhaps post a rediff ? Makes things a bit easier for us committers :)
I don't have a real internet connection at home at the moment and my last SVN checkout is about 4 month old, so i'm not able to test anything. Sorry.
All released under the GNU GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licences.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#17 Post by LienRag »

Vezzra wrote: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:37 am
That's assuming that it's a rare/unique special, I guess.
It is. Spawnlimit is 1.
Spawnlimits at 1 shouldn't be in the game imho, they mean too much randomness.
Now that the World Tree became more important with the difficulties to keep good Stability, its Spawnlimit should be something like a "number of players" (or "number of players"/2 or /n) with conditions of distance from any Homeworld (again, to limit luck factor).

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#18 Post by LienRag »

LienRag wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:05 pm Spawnlimit should be something like a "number of players" (or "number of players"/2 or /n) with conditions of distance from any Homeworld (again, to limit luck factor).
Is that technically possible, by the way ?

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#19 Post by Ophiuchus »

LienRag wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:07 pm
LienRag wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:05 pm Spawnlimit should be something like a "number of players" (or "number of players"/2 or /n) with conditions of distance from any Homeworld (again, to limit luck factor).
Is that technically possible, by the way ?
Parser does not support valuerefs there, so currently not.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#20 Post by LienRag »

Too bad...

Anyway, since Stability is of the utmost importance and that luxuries and likes give +2 bonus, shouldn't the World Tree bonus to connected worlds be raised to +3 ?
Local bonus of +10 maybe ?