Maximum RP on a single planet

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

swaq
Space Dragon

Maximum RP on a single planet

#1 Post by swaq »

I managed 860 RP. Theory-crafting I could get an additional +8 RP if a temporal anomaly and eccentric orbit spawned on a the same huge planet and there was a philosopher planet in a black hole (or red star) system. The Fifty-Seven species would be over 1,000 RP, but natives can't spawn with the temporal anomaly special and the Fifty-Seven cannot colonize other planets so that combination is impossible.
860_RP.png
860_RP.png (46.14 KiB) Viewed 6531 times

Uriuk
Pupating Mass

Is there any savefile editor?

#2 Post by Uriuk »

Is it possible to edit the savefile to create redstar with philosopher and fifty-sevens with anomalies?
natives can't spawn with the temporal anomaly special
How you derived this conclusion?

Fifty-seven have
- Bad Population: 75%
Last edited by Uriuk on Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Maximum RP on a single planet

#3 Post by Oberlus »

I never realised how powerful Temporal Anomaly is late game. Once you got all growth techs/specials, it (almost) doubles target research on that planet.

swaq
Space Dragon

#4 Post by swaq »

Uriuk wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:06 pm Is it possible to edit the savefile to create redstar with philosopher and fifty-sevens with anomalies?
If you're going to cheat then anything is possible.
Uriuk wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:06 pm
natives can't spawn with the temporal anomaly special
How you derived this conclusion?
https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... ocs.txt#L9
location = And [
Planet
Not Species
Not Planet type = [Asteroids GasGiant]
]

swaq
Space Dragon

#5 Post by swaq »

Oberlus wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:08 pm I never realised how powerful Temporal Anomaly is late game. Once you got all growth techs/specials, it (almost) doubles target research on that planet.
Yeah, it's pretty nuts because it is both the highest boost per population and is affected by the research bonus of the species. You just have to overcome the huge population penalty, which is why Scylior is perfect with their 200% research, 125% population, and organic growth specials.

Uriuk
Pupating Mass

#6 Post by Uriuk »

Do I understand properly, that this special can appear on huge honeycomb planet ? Or it is generated later and separately?

swaq
Space Dragon

#7 Post by swaq »

Uriuk wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:21 pm Do I understand properly, that this special can appear on huge honeycomb planet ? Or it is generated later and separately?
I don't think so. The Honycomb special says not within 2 jumps of a system with a planet that has species or specials (assuming I'm reading the FOCS correctly).
https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... B.focs.txt

There's not really any benefit to having both on the same planet though. Honeycomb requires the planet to be focused on Industry and Temporal Anomaly requires the focus to be Research. Impossible to take advantage of both specials on the same planet.