Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Magnate
Space Dragon

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#226 Post by Magnate »

Oberlus wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:53 pm
Magnate wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:29 pm IMO evacuation is too quick. It takes a minimum of eight turns to build a colony, it should take more than one to evacuate. Oberlus has twice evacuated his worlds in a single turn.
Not at all. That colony had only 1.5 population aprox. when I build the evacuation.
Look how I could not evacuate in time the 57 because it had high population.
Sure, but they were already there. It takes eight turns to build a colony with 1 pop, but they can evacuate in a single turn? Pah!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#227 Post by Oberlus »

Magnate wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:56 pm
Magnate wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:29 pm IMO evacuation is too quick. It takes a minimum of eight turns to build a colony, it should take more than one to evacuate. Oberlus has twice evacuated his worlds in a single turn.
Not at all. That colony had only 1.5 population aprox. when I build the evacuation.
Sure, but they were already there. It takes eight turns to build a colony with 1 pop, but they can evacuate in a single turn? Pah!
And you forgot the time travelling until destination.

Look at it this way: you are not creating a colony in any other place with the evacuation, just moving people around between already built colonies, same you can move unlimited amount of PP through your supply lines.

Also, a lot of PPs and turns to build my fleet and you can destroy it in one turn.

I understand it's annoying because I'm not letting you grab hold on my Scylior, you evil ants...

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#228 Post by Hyperant »

The Skirmish over Shelly Beta

Overview of Operation

planH.png
planH.png (70.86 KiB) Viewed 2044 times

Battle Analysis

Entering the system near to the gas giant, the lone light cruiser, the Celsius closed the distance to Shelly B II, a colony of the Crystalline Empire

Although the ship was outnumbered 3 (4?) to 1, she was far more modernized than her enemy who were still using last generation weaponry. The enemy fleet, composed of three obsolete combat ships (2 frigates and one destroyer) found itself unable to even scratch the protective shielding of the Celsius, only being slightly damaged by a single shot from an orbital defense platform before it was destroyed.

Consequently, the Holy Commune would have one lightly damaged Destroyer remaining, in comparison to the crystallines having one destroyed orbital defense platform, one destroyed frigate, one heavily damaged frigate, and one lightly damaged destroyer.
Monarch of the following realms:
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#229 Post by Ophiuchus »

Magnate wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:56 pm
It evacs 2 pop per turn AFAICR. And they go somewhere else to settle... hm... what can one do with such a thing?
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#230 Post by Oberlus »

Ophiuchus wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 am It evacs 2 pop per turn AFAICR. And they go somewhere else to settle... hm... what can one do with such a thing?
What do you mean?
For me, purposes of evacuation are
  • Acceleration of growth of newly acquired colonies by sending population from more populated colonies. It comes with a huge drawback: no production/research at all in the colony under evacuation, so it's seldom used if ever.
  • Scorched earth: Depopulation of colonies that are going to be conquered by the enemy, especially when one does not want the enemy to acquire a new species, but helpful in general to hinder enemy's growth. This one is a nice one to use, but becomes obsolete when there is access to forced work camps.

ThinkSome
Psionic Snowflake

#231 Post by ThinkSome »

Hyperant wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:16 pm The Skirmish over Shelly Beta
I love it :D

swaq
Space Dragon

#232 Post by swaq »

Oberlus wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:57 am For me, purposes of evacuation are
They can also be an alternative to concentration camps. If you want to put a different species on a planet.

L29Ah
Space Squid

#233 Post by L29Ah »

Hyperant wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:16 pm The Skirmish over Shelly Beta

Overview of Operation

Battle Analysis

Entering the system near to the gas giant, the lone light cruiser, the Celsius closed the distance to Shelly B II, a colony of the Crystalline Empire

Although the ship was outnumbered 3 (4?) to 1, she was far more modernized than her enemy who were still using last generation weaponry. The enemy fleet, composed of three obsolete combat ships (2 frigates and one destroyer) found itself unable to even scratch the protective shielding of the Celsius, only being slightly damaged by a single shot from an orbital defense platform before it was destroyed.

Consequently, the Holy Commune would have one lightly damaged Destroyer remaining, in comparison to the crystallines having one destroyed orbital defense platform, one destroyed frigate, one heavily damaged frigate, and one lightly damaged destroyer.
press.png
press.png (138.38 KiB) Viewed 1988 times
Team S.M.A.C.: play multiplayer with us!

o01eg
Programmer

#234 Post by o01eg »

The server was updated to weekly test build 2020-04-20.b2112fe.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#235 Post by Oberlus »

L29Ah wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:55 pm .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ThinkSome
Psionic Snowflake

#236 Post by ThinkSome »

The Interception at Uluru alpha

Overview of Operation
uluru.png
uluru.png (10.43 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
Intelligence Report

Sensors indicate that a fleet of 7 ships is approaching the northern border. Long range scans show that the fleet is followed by two more unidentified vessels. The agency recommends immidiate dispatch of all interceptors and activation of the northern battle fleet.

Battle Analysis

Intercepting the foreign fleet at Uluru alpha, the brave crew of SMH Angstrom is engaged in combat. Despite outnumbering Angstrom seven to one, the enemy fleet, composed of one semi-modern cruiser, one obsolete frigate, 4 obsolete scouts and 1 obsolete long range scout, manages to barely scratch the shielded interceptor. Meanwhile the brave crew of Angstrom were able to inflict heavy damage to the fleet, destroying two scouts and dealing moderate damage to the warships.

L29Ah
Space Squid

#237 Post by L29Ah »

ThinkSome wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:45 pm The Interception at Uluru alpha

Overview of Operation

Intelligence Report

Sensors indicate that a fleet of 7 ships is approaching the northern border. Long range scans show that the fleet is followed by two more unidentified vessels. The agency recommends immidiate dispatch of all interceptors and activation of the northern battle fleet.

Battle Analysis

Intercepting the foreign fleet at Uluru alpha, the brave crew of SMH Angstrom is engaged in combat. Despite outnumbering Angstrom seven to one, the enemy fleet, composed of one semi-modern cruiser, one obsolete frigate, 4 obsolete scouts and 1 obsolete long range scout, manages to barely scratch the shielded interceptor. Meanwhile the brave crew of Angstrom were able to inflict heavy damage to the fleet, destroying two scouts and dealing moderate damage to the warships.
uluru.png
uluru.png (19.5 KiB) Viewed 1935 times

Magnate
Space Dragon

#238 Post by Magnate »

I don't know what other games you folks play but at least one person picked up on my Colonia reference in a previous post. Well yesterday I did two uber labyrinths, if anyone knows that game ...

L29Ah
Space Squid

#239 Post by L29Ah »

hello-cthulhu.jpg
hello-cthulhu.jpg (230.73 KiB) Viewed 1879 times

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#240 Post by Hyperant »

The fall of Phoebe

planA.png
planA.png (87.74 KiB) Viewed 1876 times

Battle Analysis

The majestic White Kraken known as Phoebe was transiting through the system of Oort Alpha along its outer asteroid belt when suddenly she was ambushed by a large Crystal-Cube combined fleet which were hiding among the belt. The hostile ships quickly launched all of their carrier fighters and proceeded to pepper the now bewildered being, which proven to be overwhelming as several dozen fighters and bombers would be launched. The beast did not go down without a fight, proceeding to bite a gaping hole in one of the ships, as well as swallowing a fighter whole.

Unfortunately, the firepower was too overwhelming and she was slain in cold blood.

A travesty that such a creature was killed. Soon the two hostile realms will face the full wrath of the Holy Crusader Navy.
Monarch of the following realms:
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate