Page 2 of 18

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:38 pm
by Oberlus
For those that can connect during the test game, don't forget to try the Arc Disruptor (formerly GBS) stuff.

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:58 am
by Magnate
I'm in! Hello everyone - I made it to Colonia!

I do hope we start a bit further apart this time - it'd be nice to have a few turns to, you know, colonise a planet or two, before bumping into anyone.

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:25 am
by Oberlus
Magnate wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:58 am I'm in!
GREAT!

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:17 pm
by Vezzra
Magnate wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:58 amI made it to Colonia!
Congrats!

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:43 pm
by Oberlus
Oberlus wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:38 pm For those that can connect during the test game, don't forget to try the Arc Disruptor (formerly GBS) stuff.
I'm playing a game for warm-up, abusing organic hulls with bomber, shields and arc disruptor, and so far the arc disruptor looks great but doesn't seem OP.

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:29 pm
by ThinkSome
Hello.

Sign me up. I wonder if some other newbies from #[email protected] would also like to play, could you put us into an alliance? :)


Btw, I have found a lot of mistakes in default/stringtables/en.txt playing git master for the past few days. This is probably due to item properties being split all over the place and forgetting to update the text. I recommend you adopt a hierarchical description format (with inheritance), such as how Spring:1944 does it. It would probably also be best if the english text was together with the item description, with some tool that would check if the translation files match.

Which sha do i need to check-out and build for this match?

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:33 pm
by o01eg
ThinkSome wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:29 pm Which sha do i need to check-out and build for this match?
Send me PM with XMPP or e-mail contact info and desired player name. Wait for possibly today's weekly test build.

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:04 pm
by Oberlus
ThinkSome wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:29 pmI wonder if some other newbies from #[email protected] would also like to play, could you put us into an alliance? :)
The more the merrier! Hurry up and bring all your friends here.

Alliances can be pre-made before game starts (fixed teams option, alliances can't be broken during game, but each team must have same number of players) or could be arranged in-game after game starts using the alliance mechanics.

How many players are you talking about (apart from you)?

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:39 pm
by o01eg
Test game started! Server version is 2020-03-30.025f545.

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:04 pm
by ThinkSome
Oberlus wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:04 pm
ThinkSome wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:29 pmI wonder if some other newbies from #[email protected] would also like to play, could you put us into an alliance? :)
The more the merrier! Hurry up and bring all your friends here.

Alliances can be pre-made before game starts (fixed teams option, alliances can't be broken during game, but each team must have same number of players) or could be arranged in-game after game starts using the alliance mechanics.

How many players are you talking about (apart from you)?
Why does each team have to have the same number of players? It's a silly restriction.

Right now it is just me. o01eg is doing a bad job promoting FO in that channel, and you have yet to start with that. My promoting is now overshadowed by arguing on the topic of whether one needs a real PC to play real games (and definitions thereof).

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:06 pm
by ThinkSome
o01eg wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:33 pm
ThinkSome wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:29 pm Which sha do i need to check-out and build for this match?
Send me PM with XMPP or e-mail contact info and desired player name. Wait for possibly today's weekly test build.
I'd like to avoid downloading too much as I am on a metered network, thus git pull is the best.

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:08 pm
by o01eg
ThinkSome wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:06 pm
o01eg wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:33 pm
ThinkSome wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:29 pm Which sha do i need to check-out and build for this match?
Send me PM with XMPP or e-mail contact info and desired player name. Wait for possibly today's weekly test build.
I'd like to avoid downloading too much as I am on a metered network, thus git pull is the best.
You can use commit mentioned in the version's description.

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:16 pm
by Hyperant
It appears i'm not getting any email with the password to the server.

Im on the same version

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:26 pm
by o01eg
Hyperant wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:16 pm It appears i'm not getting any email with the password to the server.

Im on the same version
Log says e-mail was sent.

Re: Ninth game on the multiplayer slow game server

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:38 pm
by Hyperant
o01eg wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:26 pm
Hyperant wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:16 pm It appears i'm not getting any email with the password to the server.

Im on the same version
Log says e-mail was sent.
Hm, not seeing anything on my end. Not even in the junk mails