Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#211 Post by Ophiuchus »

Magnate wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:35 pm I think the ring shape was considered fairest because each player has two neighbours - which tends to mean ally on one side and war on the other.
Yes, and your case is not unexpected - with an odd number of players and everybody with one ally and one enemy means that one empire will be left over - so two enemies or two allies/peaceful neighbors (because they are busy with war on the other side).
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#212 Post by wobbly »

Magnate wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:35 pm I still think we haven't got conceding quite right. It's good that the pops stay and need conquering, but unfortunately defences go to zero, and any remaining ships lose all their tech bonuses (wobbly's lasers suddenly halved in damage), and most importantly, ground troops lose the bunker/fortification bonuses, so they lose 26 troops everywhere, instantly. That made conquering wobbly about five times quicker than it should have been.

So I suggest that conceded empires retain all their tech bonuses on any planets and ships.
Yeah defensive techs vanishing doesn't seem right.
How hard would it be to add in a simple AI that just builds ships? So you conceed and any last orders are kept, anything still in research/production queues is kept, and if there's excess RP it buys cheapest (like it does when you don't queue enough) and if there's excess PP it just lines a warship up at one of the shipyards.

Magnate
Space Dragon

#213 Post by Magnate »

My suggestion for an even simpler post-concede AI was to switch all planets to defence focus, which would leave an almost negligible number of PP and RP to worry about...

I think keeping the techs is perhaps the most important.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#214 Post by Oberlus »

o01eg, let's concede and start a new game?

o01eg
Programmer

#215 Post by o01eg »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:00 am o01eg, let's concede and start a new game?
There some issues should be fixed in 0.4.10.1 include delegates so I'd like to extend this game until release.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#216 Post by Oberlus »

o01eg wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:15 am
Oberlus wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:00 am o01eg, let's concede and start a new game?
There some issues should be fixed in 0.4.10.1 include delegates so I'd like to extend this game until release.
OK

Magnate
Space Dragon

#217 Post by Magnate »

Yes, like un-nerfing Good Pilots!

Any chance we can get a quick fix for conceded empires before that release? Even if we just kept the troops artificially at pre-concede levels (if it's too hard to implement tech retention), that would make a big difference.

Magnate
Space Dragon

#218 Post by Magnate »

Besides, I have a ringside seat for Oberlus Doomstack Meets Pirate Doomstack, and I want to see what happens!

o01eg
Programmer

#219 Post by o01eg »

Magnate wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:33 pm Any chance we can get a quick fix for conceded empires before that release? Even if we just kept the troops artificially at pre-concede levels (if it's too hard to implement tech retention), that would make a big difference.
Not sure, it requires to enable processing eliminated empires, which is hardcoded in the game code, and I'm not sure what could be broken.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#220 Post by Oberlus »

Magnate wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:33 pm Yes, like un-nerfing Good Pilots!
What do you mean?

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#221 Post by Ophiuchus »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:03 pm
Magnate wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:33 pm Yes, like un-nerfing Good Pilots!
What do you mean?
pilot trait scaling bugfix - some eaxaw still exist?
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Magnate
Space Dragon

#222 Post by Magnate »

Holy Lord, I've just seen Oberlus's starting system - I don't think I've ever seen one this good - it beats the one L29Ah had in the game he won. Nice!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#223 Post by Oberlus »

Magnate wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:44 pm Holy Lord, I've just seen Oberlus's starting system - I don't think I've ever seen one this good - it beats the one L29Ah had in the game he won. Nice!
:|
It wasn't bad, but it's a small and a tiny planets (one good and one adeq.), with one belt but no GG. I've seen many more better.
What was good for me is the abundance of white and blue stars around, although one one large and no huge planets, and I didn't get a system with GG until Ophi quit (and then I didn't use it for 15 turns to not unbalance things too much...).

Judging by your PP and RP figures, I bet your corner of the galaxy was good too.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#224 Post by wobbly »

Bottom right corner, 4 planets + asteroid belt + gg. Danny had almost the same PPs as I did when he was trapped on 4 systems.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#225 Post by Oberlus »

Pirates of Hyperant, can we make a deal? We give back to you your former planets and one of our Laenfa worlds, enter an alliance with you, and you declare war on Magnates steamrolling empire. Oh, and we give you lots of homemade mojito and a huge paycheck. And we won't break alliance, never, unless you do.

(I want to make things interesting for a while longer, crashing our fleets for Magnate's amusement would be ephemeral.)