HOW TO CONNECT

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

cipik
Space Krill

HOW TO CONNECT

#1 Post by cipik »

PLEASE HOW I CAN CONNECT TO SERVER???
PLEASE GIVE ME LINK OR LINKS.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
ERIK FROM SLOVAKIA.

Zanzibar
Psionic Snowflake

#2 Post by Zanzibar »

Um... what server? where??

noelte
Juggernaut

#3 Post by noelte »

What are you trying to do. In a single player game you don't have to connect (it's done automaticly). in a multiplayer game you can either host a new game or join a already set up one. If that game is set up after you had open the join dialog you have to refresh.
Press any key to continue or any other key to cancel.
Can COWs fly?

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by pd »

I guess he wants puplic servers :)

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#5 Post by Aquitaine »

Hey, I'd like a salary and a pony if it's handouts week.
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

cipik
Space Krill

#6 Post by cipik »

noelte wrote:What are you trying to do. In a single player game you don't have to connect (it's done automaticly). in a multiplayer game you can either host a new game or join a already set up one. If that game is set up after you had open the join dialog you have to refresh.
but when i´m in multyplayer i need post link to internet game at:.............
because i can´t find game to host

noelte
Juggernaut

#7 Post by noelte »

I guess you have a internet uplink and your friends too? If so, i guess fo can't find the server who hosts the game. I think it has to do with the different networks. As i remember fo issues a broadcast at the local network. At the moment there is no central server, i guess that's what our one eyed alien tried to say;)

I guess for the moment you have to live with it, but it will surely adressed at a later time.
Press any key to continue or any other key to cancel.
Can COWs fly?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#8 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Keep in mind that FO is still relatively early in its development. It's not a complete game, there are not very many people actually playing it, and those who are are probably testing it or developing it or just trying it for a few minutes, then forgetting it since it's not a fully finished game yet, and they're not interested in helping it get finished.

There are no public servers set up. If you want to host or join a game, you'll need to arrange it yourself with the other players. If you're not playing on a local network, you'll also have to have the host of the game tell everyone else his/her IP address, and have the joining players manually enter the IP when joining.

It's possible that at some future time when FO is closer to a finished playable game, public servers or a metaserver will be set up similar to what's done for FreeCiv. That time is not now, however...