Fourteenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

swaq
Space Dragon

Re: Fourteenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#181 Post by swaq »

Telepathy is really OP.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#182 Post by wobbly »

Hyperant wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:56 pm Huh so i didn't really have a chance against wobbly, being outpopulated, outproduced and outresearched all at once, even if the margin was small at times
I had less production then you at turn 50 & was fighting on 2 sides at once and still ended up above everyone else. I think what did you in was a truce with Swaq. That was when I was finally able to pump ships at you and overwhelm you with brute force. I would of had a hard time if I needed to keep half my force on the other side. Also this should never have happened:
tao.png
tao.png (99.52 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
The troops were lined up before you even hit place outpost. It was the exact same thing that happened at Path alpha. "Shared swamp" I found on the way to Tao and I'd built a spare troop ship in case of issues.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#183 Post by wobbly »

Looks like I've got a screen shot from o01eg losing his first planet. No active radar, my symbiotic ship is invisible, & no troop tech. The troop ship arrives next turn.
Screenshot 2020-11-26 060838.png
Screenshot 2020-11-26 060838.png (485.11 KiB) Viewed 1239 times

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#184 Post by wobbly »

swaq wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:10 pm Cyan - swaq
Blue - o01eg
Green - Hyperant
Magenta - Oberlus
Yellow - Ophiuchus
Burgundy - ThinkSome
Orange - wobbly

Full game graphs:
fo14_production.png
Hmm so I can't seem to get the actual graph to appear in the quote, so you'll actually have to go back to the original to look at it but I believe those 2 sharp orange spikes are the purges from my concentration camps and you'll see they don't really dip below my original production. The first does a little, but I switched some Scyllor across to research there. So some of that production goes to building multiple exobots colonies. So I'm purging large population eawax colonies and using part of the surge to put down multiple colonies at pop 3 (I have the tech that does that) to take up the slack at the end. I'd have to double check the save to be sure, but those spikes are lining up with my memory of what happened in the game.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#185 Post by Oberlus »

So we have to reduce camps industry boost. Well, it makes sense, if other boosts were reduced.
Currently it gives +2*pop bonus, coupled with any other industry bonus.
I think right factor is somewhere between 0.5 and 0.75.
Does anyone have more insight on this?

o01eg
Programmer

#186 Post by o01eg »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:36 pm So we have to reduce camps industry boost. Well, it makes sense, if other boosts were reduced.
Not sure about it. 0.4.10.1 doesn't have separate rules to manage it. And next version's camps are highly affected by policies introduction.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#187 Post by Oberlus »

o01eg wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:04 pm
Oberlus wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:36 pm So we have to reduce camps industry boost. Well, it makes sense, if other boosts were reduced.
Not sure about it. 0.4.10.1 doesn't have separate rules to manage it. And next version's camps are highly affected by policies introduction.
They require a policy in place. Other effects (like Algorithmic Elegance) too.
The thing is camps are giving more than twice what they gave before industry boost nerf, relative to the overal gain from other industry boosts.
I went for the 0.75. We'll try it out. I'm not worried it could be unbalanced because it's already unbalance, as well as many other mechanics. They all need playtesting and adjustments.

Happy_10
Space Krill

#188 Post by Happy_10 »

I would also like to try the close-ups:

1) share research on 400-500% of the cost. I think an easy way to implement it that will unlock the research for all empires combine Once an empire.

2) Shared Production. Production items Add "Stokpi transfer <Empire>", which transmits the output points in the empire.