Fourteenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

swaq
Space Dragon

Re: Fourteenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#166 Post by swaq »

Turn 200, wow!

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#167 Post by Hyperant »

Cycle 201

Mantle Chronicles

Project Starfarer

After the conflict with the space squids went south faster than a supercomputer can zap a body, virtually all industry was turned towards building massive habitation vessels, being able to house billions upon billions of our peoples. Although some of the staging planets were seized before all the ships were able to launch, the transition to permanent space habitation went largely smoothly, thus ensuring that we will continue to live on upon the stars, free from the tyranny of the invaders.

This is chief editor of the Mantle Chronicles signing off for the final time, as we are now being rebranded to the Celestial Times

Space dig dig
Monarch of the following realms:
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#168 Post by wobbly »

Well fought Hyperant. That was fun. You had me worried for parts of the fight as you had more force at various stages, particularly as you got those self-gravs down quicker then I expected. My eawax shipyard wasn't close (it's to the south of where your radar scout is) which made the timing awkward, especially at asteroid speed.

You however never got the timing right. You pushed when you shouldn't and didn't push when you should. That pretty much came down to a lack of adequate detection, for instance those asteroids parked in your blind spot.

Anyway, better luck next time we play.

swaq
Space Dragon

#169 Post by swaq »

Turn 222. Who knew that fish were technologically superior to robots?

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#170 Post by Hyperant »

wobbly wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:26 am Well fought Hyperant. That was fun. You had me worried for parts of the fight as you had more force at various stages, particularly as you got those self-gravs down quicker then I expected. My eawax shipyard wasn't close (it's to the south of where your radar scout is) which made the timing awkward, especially at asteroid speed.

You however never got the timing right. You pushed when you shouldn't and didn't push when you should. That pretty much came down to a lack of adequate detection, for instance those asteroids parked in your blind spot.

Anyway, better luck next time we play.

Yeah it was fun indeed, quite a bit of maneuvering warfare too (unfortunately occuring behind my borders).

Regarding force strengths, it always felt that i was behind, especially on the research front, and combined with the lack of adequate intelligence it results in quite a bit of blunders. Even if i had managed to find an opening and push, i had doubts that i could've maintained that position for any strategic amount of time. Also didn't help that most of the battles resulted in your almost complete victory when roughly evenly matched in my perceptions which led to me not wanting to risk my ships too unnecessarily.

I will also admit that i failed to exploit potential sources of industrial capacity within my border that could've help the balance, such as good planets for the Ugmors and asteroid+planet or planet+gas giant systems, being too focused on trying to win the ship tonnage war.

All in all it was my failure to be aggressive with the correct timing compounded with the lack of detection, and the fact that i had virtually all my planets on production which allowed you to out tech me (I had stagnated at around 40 RP while production was in the 200 range), with another nail in the coffin being your superior pilots being a major force multiplier. The final nail was of course when you obliterated the bulk of my space fleet over the beyond-tired-of-battle swamp system with very few losses on your end, with everything after that attempting to stall the inevitable.

And to think i was only a few jumps from your capital system at one point...
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#171 Post by wobbly »

Today is veterans day and we celebrate the continued existence of our 1st warship off the docks. Isn't she a beauty? This little beasty took our 1st planet, survived multiple skirmishes and is still with us today.
veteran.png
veteran.png (90.3 KiB) Viewed 1780 times

swaq
Space Dragon

#172 Post by swaq »

Turn 228 in a sudden surprise for the whole galaxy swaq is crowned champion and ruler as recognition for eliminating the Experimentor threat.

gg all.
swaq_victory.png
swaq_victory.png (11.45 KiB) Viewed 1765 times

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#173 Post by wobbly »

Congratulations! This came as a surprise as I was unaware it was a win condition. I doubt knowing would of made a difference though, my ships were moving forward as fast as they could and it was still another 300 turns to the tech victory.

o01eg
Programmer

#174 Post by o01eg »

Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#175 Post by Oberlus »

Meh for those experimentors. I would have preferred to read the developing of the war between the two remaining and mighty empires.

For future games, I would like experimentors removed, it's like a granted win if you get them within your borders and you don't die before turn 200. Unfair for the other players, I think.

swaq
Space Dragon

#176 Post by swaq »

I also think Experimentors should be disabled in future multiplayer games.

swaq
Space Dragon

#177 Post by swaq »

Cyan - swaq
Blue - o01eg
Green - Hyperant
Magenta - Oberlus
Yellow - Ophiuchus
Burgundy - ThinkSome
Orange - wobbly

Partial game graphs:
fo14_turn55_population.png
fo14_turn55_population.png (38.91 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
fo14_turn111_production.png
fo14_turn111_production.png (55.02 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
fo14_turn111_research.png
fo14_turn111_research.png (61.73 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
fo14_turn111_military.png
fo14_turn111_military.png (61.07 KiB) Viewed 1741 times

swaq
Space Dragon

#178 Post by swaq »

Cyan - swaq
Blue - o01eg
Green - Hyperant
Magenta - Oberlus
Yellow - Ophiuchus
Burgundy - ThinkSome
Orange - wobbly

Full game graphs:
fo14_population.png
fo14_population.png (99.37 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
fo14_colonies.png
fo14_colonies.png (101.08 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
fo14_production.png
fo14_production.png (106.03 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
fo14_research.png
fo14_research.png (95.01 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
fo14_military.png
fo14_military.png (105.29 KiB) Viewed 1741 times

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#179 Post by Hyperant »

Huh so i didn't really have a chance against wobbly, being outpopulated, outproduced and outresearched all at once, even if the margin was small at times
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#180 Post by Oberlus »

Hyperant wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:56 pm Huh so i didn't really have a chance against wobbly, being outpopulated, outproduced and outresearched all at once, even if the margin was small at times
I should have proposed you to exchange Ugmors for Slith. I think Slith->Telepathy was one of the thinks that allowed my empire to grow faster than others.