Questions about game play.

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

truepurple
Space Kraken

Re: Questions about game play.

#106 Post by truepurple »

How does "automatic aggression selection" work?
Selection_349.jpg
Selection_349.jpg (48.31 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
What's growth setting on this planet give me, if anything?

Is there a trick to determining if I already have another planet set to growth giving the same resource?

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#107 Post by LienRag »

Boost to Etty population everywhere connected, if you don't have another Etty homeworld set to growth in the same supply group.

There's no real trick apart setting a planet not to growth, and going to another planet, hovering over the Population icon and getting the list of boni.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#108 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:50 am There's no real trick apart setting a planet not to growth, and going to another planet, hovering over the Population icon and getting the list of boni.
No need to go to another planet, check it in current one.

With Objects window, order by species and focus, you would also locate the other planet, if any.

truepurple
Space Kraken

#109 Post by truepurple »

How does "automatic aggression selection" work?

So some boosts boost only others of the same species, and some boost all others of the same metabolism? When is it species specific, and when is it all of a particular metabolism?

I think this boost is "home-world". If I were to change species from etty to something else on that world, would the boost change from etty to whatever the new species is?

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#110 Post by LienRag »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:00 am No need to go to another planet, check it in current one.
Except that in current one, you have the bonus so you won't see if another planet is bringing the same bonus to your planet...

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#111 Post by LienRag »

truepurple wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:20 am I think this boost is "home-world". If I were to change species from etty to something else on that world, would the boost change from etty to whatever the new species is?
Afaik the homeworld (the only species-specific growth boost) is a bonus because it's the homeworld, so if you change the species the homeworld bonus is lost.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#112 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:02 pm
Oberlus wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:00 am No need to go to another planet, check it in current one.
Except that in current one, you have the bonus so you won't see if another planet is bringing the same bonus to your planet...
Doh! Right.

truepurple
Space Kraken

#113 Post by truepurple »

How does "automatic aggression selection" work? I have searched for the answer inside the game and out.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#114 Post by LienRag »

truepurple wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:01 am How does "automatic aggression selection" work? I have searched for the answer inside the game and out.
Thing is, I don't know what you're talking about.

Aggressive stance, if that's what you mean, sets a ship to attacks all ships (that it can detect) in the same system, except those of allies or of Empire that the player is at peace with.