Nineteenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Nineteenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#136 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:03 am Actually the Empire with the least Planets should build everyone's IRAs...
Actually, what?
Irish Republican Army?

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#137 Post by wobbly »

Oberlus wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:26 am
LienRag wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:03 am Actually the Empire with the least Planets should build everyone's IRAs...
Actually, what?
Irish Republican Army?
Clearly he means the Imperial Revenue Authority.

Regional admins are destroyed on conquest, not sure what that means for gifting. Too lazy to code dive.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#138 Post by Oberlus »

Duh...
I didn't notice they are called Imperial now. It suits.

ThinkSome
Psionic Snowflake

#139 Post by ThinkSome »

wobbly wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:18 am You may as well get bureaucratic bureau of bureacracy then go for the techno rave parties policy.
That is looking to be a good option. i've added bureaucracy and in a few turns I'm planning to swap centralisation for the "techno rave parties" :D

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#140 Post by Oberlus »

Compared to what we will have later, our current empires are the ones with less planets, so we have to build IRAs now, all of us. Later, when connected and entangled, we can figure out especializations.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#141 Post by LienRag »

Oberlus wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:38 am Compared to what we will have later, our current empires are the ones with less planets, so we have to build IRAs now, all of us. Later, when connected and entangled, we can figure out especializations.
And then move the planet to the location the IRA is needed ?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#142 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:59 am And then move the planet to the location the IRA is needed ?
Sorry, I don't understand your point.
You'll need IRAs wherever you want to have planets.
You want to have planets where the planets are, so why not build IRAs there from start?

But even if you change your mind after having build some IRAs and want to have them somewhere else, I don't think it is worth it to spend turns and resources into moving planets just to optimize a few stability points here and there (maybe it would be worth for stuff like Vassalization/Colonialism/The Hunt/Stellar Tomography that get greater returns the more planets you have in the same system, but that has nothing to do with IRAs).

ThinkSome
Psionic Snowflake

#143 Post by ThinkSome »

I seem to have lost encyclopedia window in ship design, how do I get it back?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#144 Post by Oberlus »

ThinkSome wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:36 am I seem to have lost encyclopedia window in ship design, how do I get it back?
It cannot be closed, only moved and resized. So try looking for a very tiny window under some other window. Sometimes, when there is a change in the size of the client window, some game windows get dwarfed.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#145 Post by LienRag »

Oberlus wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:19 am Sorry, I don't understand your point.
You want to have planets where the planets are, so why not build IRAs there from start?
Because the planets there are not outposted ?

It is indeed possible to only settle the planets that will bear IRA first, and only later settle the planets around them.
Especially since we'll soon all be connected and can provide supply/connection to each other.

That means getting the rewards of the IRA (the high productivity of the good stability planets around it) only after one has built all his IRAs, though.

But even if one does that, we need to agree on who gets a cluster of planets where, so as to plan where the IRAs will go.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#146 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:27 pm
Oberlus wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:19 am Sorry, I don't understand your point.
Because the planets there are not outposted ?
Colonized (can't build IRAs on outposts).
Well, then wait until you colonize there?
I'm sure you are not asking that, so I guess I still don't get your pointed issue here.
LienRag wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:27 pm It is indeed possible to only settle the planets that will bear IRA first, and only later settle the planets around them.
Especially since we'll soon all be connected and can provide supply/connection to each other.
Do that if you get more revenue, or do the other thing otherwise, or a mix (rush expanding to new areas while colonizing the best planets around already built IRAs).
LienRag wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:27 pm But even if one does that, we need to agree on who gets a cluster of planets where, so as to plan where the IRAs will go.
Again, planet gifting...

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#147 Post by wobbly »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:11 pm
LienRag wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:03 pm It is, but also an interesting strategic choice : build them when they're cheap and you don't really need them, or wait when you need them and they'll be more expensive ?
There's not much of a choice here with these costs, which is what wobbly commented: build them ASAP.
Build them when they're MUCH cheaper = adopt Centralization early on (at least for a turn).
Wait = You can't build them because you didn't pick Centralization, otherwise "why aren't you building a center already?".
Mechanically generic supplies unlocking a regional admin would allow you to build 1 with a break in supply (a regional admin works for removing that stability penalty). I'm just not sure how you justify it fluffwise. Another option is colonization unlocking it. That has some logic fluff-wise. There's also a line of logic for bootstrapping to unlock it.

ThinkSome
Psionic Snowflake

#148 Post by ThinkSome »

ugmors have good influence and dislikes: influence...

The Silent One
Graphics

#149 Post by The Silent One »

Beware of the asteroid snail @ Siqieiq ... @Endhu & Oberlus
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

o01eg
Programmer

#150 Post by o01eg »

I'm going to reduce usage of One-Time Passwords and e-mails for it.

I'll send you all private links on https://freeorion-test.dedyn.io/ to reset password where you should enter your game login and enter new password twice. After you set password the server will accept both OTP and your password. Then I'll upgrade server so it won't send OTP for those who set password.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-01-30.0dd6806.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm