Nineteenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Nineteenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#76 Post by LienRag »

I agree with that.

And about the shorter turn duration ?

o01eg
Programmer

#77 Post by o01eg »

The game restarted!
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-01-30.0dd6806.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

o01eg
Programmer

#78 Post by o01eg »

LienRag wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:44 pm I agree with that.

And about the shorter turn duration ?
I suppose we still have quick pace enough even with current 48h limit.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-01-30.0dd6806.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

ThinkSome
Psionic Snowflake

#79 Post by ThinkSome »

💖

ThinkSome
Psionic Snowflake

#80 Post by ThinkSome »

The colonisation policy states that it reduces cost of colonisation ship parts, but it does not say how much. The focs also doesen't make this clear to me. Does anyone know?

stpa
Space Kraken

#81 Post by stpa »

ThinkSome wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:25 pm The colonisation policy states that it reduces cost of colonisation ship parts, but it does not say how much. The focs also doesen't make this clear to me. Does anyone know?
looks like you are right, other than being listed in species'es likes/dislikes, i can not find another effect than population growth rate (spent almost 3 minutes searching).

argh .. colonization, right, not population. well, there is the COLONIZATION_POLICY_MULTIPLIER, that would be minus half the cost then.
Attachments
plc_colonization.png
plc_colonization.png (121.64 KiB) Viewed 525 times
plc_population.png
plc_population.png (139.02 KiB) Viewed 528 times

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#82 Post by LienRag »

Since the game restarted, who's willing to give me precious Colony Ships ?
And to whom should I give my own precious Etty Colony Ship ?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#83 Post by Oberlus »

stpa wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:34 pm
ThinkSome wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:25 pm The colonisation policy states that it reduces cost of colonisation ship parts, but it does not say how much. The focs also doesen't make this clear to me. Does anyone know?
i can not find another effect than population growth rate (spent almost 3 minutes searching).

argh .. colonization, right, not population. well, there is the COLONIZATION_POLICY_MULTIPLIER, that would be minus half the cost then.
Until documentation is in a better shape, I think all tech or policy effects that are coded outside their scripting file should include a comment where to look for (despite being "easy" to find effects of policies by just searching for the policy identifier, once you skim through the many like/dislikes matches, it's good to have the explanation in the intuitive place to look for the code, also for those that weren't looking for that extra, hidden-in-a-different-file effect).

ThinkSome
Psionic Snowflake

#84 Post by ThinkSome »

That's quite a discount!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#85 Post by Oberlus »

Player species and their likes and dislikes, with specials and disabled buildings removed:

Endhu: Fulver (Tundra)
Likes: Hyperspatial Dam, Stargate, Stockpile Distribution, Gaia, Algorithmic Research, Colonization, Confederation, Dream Recursion, Engineering Corps, Exploration, Liberty, Moderation, Racial Purity, Stockpile Liquidation
Dislikes: Gas Giant Generator (GGG), Industrial Center, Energy Compressor, Solar Containment Unit, Solar Orbital Generator (SOG), Kraken Nest, Bureaucracy, Border Checkpoints, Environmentalism, Interstellar Infrastructure, System Infrastructure

ThinkSome: Human (Terran)
Dislikes: Military Command, Spatial Distortion Generator, Protection, Kraken Nest, Centralization

LienRag: Etty (Desert)
Likes: Research, Allied Repair, Bureaucracy, Centralization, Continuous Scanning, Liberty
Dislikes: Interstellar Lighthouse, Asteroid Processor, Asteroid Reformation Processor, Space Elevator, Spatial Distortion Generator, Imperial Entanglement Center, Confederation, Exobot Productivity, Industrialism, Native Appropriation

TheSilentOne: Egassem (Inferno)
Likes: Industry, Algorithmic Research, Capital Markets, Confederation, Design Simplicity, Marine Recruitment, Martial Law
Dislikes: Automated History Analyser, Black Hole Power Generator, Neutronium Extractor, Asteroid Processor, Asteroid Reformation Processor, Stargate, Kraken in the Ice, Kraken Nest, Centralization, Dream Recursion, Engineering Corps, Environmentalism

o01eg: Chato (Toxic)
Likes: Research, Gaia, Conformance, Divine Authority, Dream Recursion, Moderation
Dislikes: Species InterDesign Academy, Neutronium Forge, Scanning Facility, Advanced Engineering Bay, Stargate, Kraken Nest, Algorithmic Research, Artisan Workshops, Liberty, Stockpile Liquidation

wobbly: Trith (Radiated)
Likes: Research, Border Checkpoints, Confederation, Divine Authority, Dream Recursion, Isolation, Racial Purity, Traffic Control
Dislikes: Collective Thought Network, Species InterDesign Academy, Industry, Influence, Allied Repair, Continuous Scanning, Diversity, Exploration

Oberlus: Cray (Barren)
Likes: Research, Algorithmic Research, Allied Repair, Artisan Workshops, Confederation, Diversity, Divine Auth.
Dislikes: Centralization, Conformance, Design Simplicity, Terror Suppression, Industrial Center, GGG, SOG, Hyperspatial Dam, Scanning Facility, Kraken Nest.

LienRag and Endhu, you are the designated caretakers of any Kraken Nest we find.
The Silent One, beware of Automated History Analyser. Propably worth it for a while?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#86 Post by Oberlus »

I'll get Allied Repair for my first military slot.
Alg. Research once I get a second social slot, I want first Propaganda to rise faster my IP. Because I want to get to the third infrastructure policy (Interstellar Infrastructure I think) to unlock regional centers and have lots of economic slots.
I shall get Artisan Workshops and/or Confederation.

Divine Authority: +1 IP, +4 stability, -5 RP. I'll pass.

I must have Diversity and as many species I can.
I'd like to get Egassem and Chato ASAP. They both are close to me and like some of the policies I'll get soon.
I also want Human and Etty. I think I can keep them happy despite their dislikes (Military Command Center and Confederation, respectively).
Fulver will fit perfectly too.
Trith... Yeah, I want them too. I'll be able to keep them happy, just won't spam them... Maybe I can plop them, give independence, then get something from them with Vassalization of Feudalism. I'll check FOCS files to figure it out.

Mates, in which order should I send colony ships to you?
I didn't figure out who of you will have a use for my Cray.
wobbly, if you plan to play a single-species empire, I can give you other flying stuff in exchange for Trith, like outpost ships or whatever floats your boat.

Endhu
Pupating Mass

#87 Post by Endhu »

I think I'd like to exchange colony ships with the Egassem and Cray at least, to have industry, research and influence. Fulver look like I'll have to play quite differently than normal with humans. Any tips with that?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#88 Post by Oberlus »

Endhu wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:27 am I think I'd like to exchange colony ships with the Egassem and Cray at least, to have industry, research and influence. Fulver look like I'll have to play quite differently than normal with humans. Any tips with that?
Try to research ASAP Architectural Psychology (+1 social slot) and adopt Planetary Infrastructure (+2 econ slots), and adopt Liberty and Moderation. Later research Mind of the Void (+1 social slot). Figure out what other policies can be better for your current circumstances.

Keep in mind that having only monsters as enemies lets you play quite differently. E.g. no need for military forces early one.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#89 Post by wobbly »

Endhu wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:27 am I think I'd like to exchange colony ships with the Egassem and Cray at least, to have industry, research and influence. Fulver look like I'll have to play quite differently than normal with humans. Any tips with that?
I'd consider aiming for Liberty/Moderation/Exploration on fulver which doesn't clash with anything (except Chato and Liberty) and works well with humans too. Plus Liberty and Moderation are both fairly strong.

Edit: Note centralization is doing nothing other then killing your supply as the capital has less then 20 stability. You can get it to 19.5 with liberty or 23.5 with liberty + exploration (which needs the military command building)

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#90 Post by LienRag »

Oberlus wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:15 pm E.g. no need for military forces early on
No need for Defense troops (ever, I think¹) but enough military ships to get rid of Dyson forest early is important. Also, destroying Small Juggernauts before they grow is usually a good idea.

BTW, Endhu, I believe that by concentrating our Frigates on the Dyson Forest that blocks the way between us we can destroy it before it grows too strong. How long would it take to bring your Frigates there ?

¹ Actually it would be nice to have monsters who invade planets, like dropping mind-controlling spores that produce zombies that the defense troops must fight lest they take control of the planet...
Or just dropping hatchlings that take control of the outpost once the planet is depopulated, and start a monster-producing colony there ?