Nineteenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Nineteenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#91 Post by LienRag »

Oberlus wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:10 pm Mates, in which order should I send colony ships to you?
Basically, when it's convenient for you, as far as I'm concerned.
I'd like Egassem quickly and not wait too long for Humans, though.

I have no use for my Etty colony ship immediately, but we don't have a clear path from me to you as of now.
Last edited by LienRag on Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#92 Post by LienRag »

Oberlus wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:46 pm Player species and their likes and dislikes, with specials and disabled buildings removed:

(...)

LienRag and Endhu, you are the designated caretakers of any Kraken Nest we find.
Thanks !
Very useful.

There are no possibility of Native Slys I believe ? So there is no bad consequences to either Endhu or I to get Outposts far away from our Empire ?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#93 Post by Oberlus »

I'll plan to send my first two colo ships to TSO and o01eg, unless someone else needs it sooner

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#94 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:15 pmthere is no bad consequences to either Endhu or I to get Outposts far away from our Empire ?
None that I can think of.

Keep in mind that the influence upkeep of each populated planet is sqrt(populated_planets + outposts/4), so abusing outposts also increase upkeep.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#95 Post by Oberlus »

I read st-pa's post about Laenfa and started a SP game with 280 systems and 6 AIs (poor bastards), everything medium. Turn 40 and so far so good because of this:
Got 4 colonies, centralization, metropoles and NECESSITY. Oh, boy. My 4 colonies are at stability 1 (had to deadopt some stuff to keep it that low), populations around 5, so they are giving me sqrt(5*5)= +5 RP per colony, total +20 RP, OP.
Some of us could make use of that this game, although it's easier for Laenfa/Sly thanks to not having the distance-to-center stability modifier.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#96 Post by LienRag »

Yes, I planned to do that with Derthreans in last MP game, but Wobbly didn't leave us time to try...

Endhu
Pupating Mass

#97 Post by Endhu »

BTW, Endhu, I believe that by concentrating our Frigates on the Dyson Forest that blocks the way between us we can destroy it before it grows too strong. How long would it take to bring your Frigates there ?
I have a kraken nest + dyson forest in Niyat, so I'll be dealing with that first I guess

ThinkSome
Psionic Snowflake

#98 Post by ThinkSome »

Rounding errors say hello:
production.png
production.png (20.09 KiB) Viewed 419 times
production2.png
production2.png (57.64 KiB) Viewed 417 times

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#99 Post by Geoff the Medio »

ThinkSome wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:22 pmRounding errors say hello
Is that really a rounding error? What else should it say...?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#100 Post by Oberlus »

It should say this, maybe:

+0.29

The thing is it would be nice if "This Turn" + "Change" = "Predicted Next Turn"
And it should be mandatory that Predicted Next Turn is actually what is shown (in this case, it shows 10.5, but it's actually 10.49, as shown by the item progression; or it is actually 10.5 but predicted item progression is misleading).

I guess a solution could be to use rounding down instead of to nearest (so 10.499999 rounded to 10.49 or 10.4, I'd want two decimals then in all shown values).

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#101 Post by wobbly »

o01eg - my trith colony will be heading to Celaneo if the path is free. Have a think if you want to swap a Chato colony for it, I have a large toxic over on Kuma beta.

Also I have 3 small Trith troop ships that I was using as scouts. I'm not sure which of us is taking the Cynos, thats out of xenophobia range of my capital and I could connect it with orbital construction (or you could likewise connect to it with orbital and the celaneo colony)

Edit: Looks like I can't yet reach supply to Kuma but I could connect supply to a chato colony on Tejat

Edit2: It probably makes more sense for me to build Trith troops to take the Cynos rather then you building Chato troops. Maybe I should take the cynos then I'll build troops for you to invade whatever is at Uninen y. I guess we'll see what that is next turn.

ThinkSome
Psionic Snowflake

#102 Post by ThinkSome »

Does anyone know if I can settle Aditya z / Aditya n desert planets, since they are in a nebula (+20 stealth) and my detection strength is only 10? Should I consider rushing to radar?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#103 Post by Oberlus »

ThinkTwice! xD
If detection < stealth, you cannot see it.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#104 Post by Ophiuchus »

LienRag wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:57 am
Ophiuchus wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:47 am exobot colony building costs 70bc, think we should change that to 50pc, no need to invite micro without a reason.
Well, the Exobot colony was designed to be more expensive.
Yes, it works like it is implemented :lol: . But designed to what end?
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#105 Post by Ophiuchus »

LienRag wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:43 pm But I don't understand, since you have a slowgame channel, why does it have to change between games ?
cause i like it better.

and it is also the more moral alternative: one can keep the old game install in order to go back and load the savegames if one chooses so.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!