Twentieth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Twentieth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#346 Post by Oberlus »

wobbly wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:32 pm Was minimum colony size to be a colonizing source changed, either accidentally or deliberately? I seem to get the sitrep messages at around 2.5 pop instead of 3.
Bug.
We changed population growth equation in species/common/population.macros but the effect that triggers the sitrep (which is in a rather criptic place, techs/ship_hulls/SHP_GAL_EXPLO.focs.txt) uses a now obsolete equation to forecast the population of the next turn to overcome the infamous 1-turn delay.

https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... xt#L71-L73

Edit: and that wrong forecast is what makes the sitrep for the same colony repeat during several turns.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#347 Post by Oberlus »

I think we should slow down a bit, until Endhu comes back.

I'll try my best to not play my turn for as long as I can bear the urge.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#348 Post by Daybreak »

I would like a hold at 123, and he should be back by then, and I will not have committed him to any major course of action.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#349 Post by wobbly »

I'm getting sitreps for a planet being attacked at Xendalla. Seems to be a planet of ancient guardians in Endhu space that I saw at some stage through my ally Oberlus but currently can not. Its turn 122 if anyone wants to check the saves later.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#350 Post by Daybreak »

Interceptors not showing

I noticed this earlier, but it is still happening - not sure if already picked up by others

https://i.imgur.com/HUk93jK.png

Also - is total fighter destruction for Etty +1 pilot correct?

Endhu
Pupating Mass

#351 Post by Endhu »

I'm back from the trip now, so the delegation can be canceled (and thanks for managing my empire). If anyone has pending PMs to me I'll be answering during tomorrow

o01eg
Programmer

#352 Post by o01eg »

Endhu wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:18 pm I'm back from the trip now, so the delegation can be canceled (and thanks for managing my empire). If anyone has pending PMs to me I'll be answering during tomorrow
Canceled delegation.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#353 Post by Daybreak »

Wobbly - you just had one ship pass through Seginus

Should that have not been blocked by Endhu's ship which is set to block enemy ships?

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#354 Post by wobbly »

Daybreak wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:47 pm Wobbly - you just had one ship pass through Seginus

Should that have not been blocked by Endhu's ship which is set to block enemy ships?
The ship at Seginus is a troop ship. No guns, it can't blockade though if it was on an owned planet it could still trigger planet defenses.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#355 Post by wobbly »

Heads up to o01eg and daybreak, I don't think allied combat actually triggers when 1 side is still at peace with the attacker. At least that's my memory from a previous game.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#356 Post by Daybreak »

wobbly wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:10 am Heads up to o01eg and daybreak, I don't think allied combat actually triggers when 1 side is still at peace with the attacker. At least that's my memory from a previous game.
What do you mean by "allied combat"

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#357 Post by wobbly »

Daybreak wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:21 am
wobbly wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:10 am Heads up to o01eg and daybreak, I don't think allied combat actually triggers when 1 side is still at peace with the attacker. At least that's my memory from a previous game.
What do you mean by "allied combat"
Well if you attack a system that has both mine and Oberlus's fleets, you'll be fighting against both fleets, as we are allies.
If Oberlus hits a system with yours and o01eg's fleets, o01eg's fleet wont take part, even though you are allies, as o01eg and Oberlus are at peace.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#358 Post by wobbly »

Cycle 137

Senator Pigeon, Tae Ghirus representative and Minister of Psionics for the council of Sheeple was ill at ease. He could smell something in the void. Something maybe good, something maybe very bad... he could smell explosions. Many, many explosions. Something was about to happen...

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#359 Post by wobbly »

Cycle 143 - The Map Room

Lord Sheeple had a headache, his Generals were all arguing over what was the best plan again. On and on, always the same craven strategies. Briefly he considered having them all executed so he could have peace and quiet, but no, he had just finished replacing the last lot of fools. He would have to settle this himself. He stood up and pronounced that he had decided on a PLAN.

"Lets just blow up all their ships"

And the generals were stunned into silence by his lordship's superior genius.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#360 Post by Daybreak »

This declaration sent shockwaves through the universe, and the land of sunlight and unicorns, creating an electrical explosion.

Killing daybreak's computer last night, and making him send it to the shop to get fixed, while he navigates Bing's and MS's irrational restrictions on downloading and installing the notorious unsafe FreeOrion software, on an older computer.

Nooo all my saved ships. Damn you Lord Sheeple