Twentieth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Twentieth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#316 Post by wobbly »

Is Some weirdness happening with planet stealth? LR targeted the planet in round 1, instead of the usual "initially cannot detect" message.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#317 Post by LienRag »

Is there any neutral observer I can ask a question to ?

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#318 Post by Daybreak »

I see some new compiles of the game, but notice the server is not giving me any notification of incorrect version.

Are we supposed to install the latest versions, or not?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#319 Post by Oberlus »

Daybreak wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:16 am Are we supposed to install the latest versions, or not?
No, we are supposed to use the same version than server. The one we started the game with.

Endhu
Pupating Mass

#320 Post by Endhu »

Sorry I didn't play during the weekend. Didn't have time nor energy due to unexpected circumstances, should be back to normal-ish now.

Also, next week I will be out of home and might have problems with connecting daily, though it's most likely I'll be able to play most of the time. Is that acceptable or should I find a delegate?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#321 Post by Oberlus »

I won't be able to play between 22 and 25 June. I can delegate to Wobbly for a few turns (I mean, I would wish the game to not advance quickly during those days, I think it will be a thrilling time and I'd like to take part in it).

o01eg
Programmer

#322 Post by o01eg »

Endhu wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:55 am Also, next week I will be out of home and might have problems with connecting daily, though it's most likely I'll be able to play most of the time. Is that acceptable or should I find a delegate?
I think it's fine, especially we had great pace of the game recently.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#323 Post by wobbly »

Endhu wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:55 am Sorry I didn't play during the weekend. Didn't have time nor energy due to unexpected circumstances, should be back to normal-ish now.
I was out for most of the weekend myself, so we couldn't have played much faster even if you weren't busy.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#324 Post by wobbly »

Oberlus wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:13 am I won't be able to play between 22 and 25 June. I can delegate to Wobbly for a few turns (I mean, I would wish the game to not advance quickly during those days, I think it will be a thrilling time and I'd like to take part in it).
If its only a few days I'll only have to turn once or twice to make time control. I'll leave it up to o01eg whether its easiest to delegate or to just pause the clock a couple of days.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#325 Post by Daybreak »

wobbly wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:40 am
Oberlus wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:13 am I won't be able to play between 22 and 25 June. I can delegate to Wobbly for a few turns (I mean, I would wish the game to not advance quickly during those days, I think it will be a thrilling time and I'd like to take part in it).
If its only a few days I'll only have to turn once or twice to make time control. I'll leave it up to o01eg whether its easiest to delegate or to just pause the clock a couple of days.
But Wobbly, thats when you said we should all attack Oberlus :evil:

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#326 Post by Oberlus »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#327 Post by Oberlus »

Diplomacy stuff:

Some time ago I proposed Daybreak and Endhu to sign a durable peace deal, to be broken only with prior notice and long times for preparation. The idea was to free my hands from controlling my borders so that I can go mess with LR. In exchange for that I proposed them to give each of them a colony ship or grant them pass through my space for them to trade species or whatever, the proposal wasn't written in stone.
They both declined.

And only now, after Daybreak and I are having some quarrel about a planet, I realize that I was tricking them into telling me when they were going to attack me, or more exactly, when I should attack them: if they don't sign 30 turn peace deal or whatever, they either want to attack me in less than 30 turns or don't want to give me freedom to grow faster in that time. Therefore, what I face up now is either the threat of an attack or the inability to use my military forces to acquire more planets elsewhere. For the first case, threat of attack, I better attack now. For the second threat, wasting the PP investment of warships to keep them idle, I better use it to conquer nearby planets (hi there, Daybreak...).

What I mean is that I have now realized I was giving them an ultimatum: either you sign peace with me or we are at war... And that's not exactly what I wanted.

I take it for granted that Daybreak and I are going to fight each other.

Endhu, would you like to reconsider if you want to join an alliance with Wobbly and me? We could agree on sharing the spoils of war so that the smaller empire of us three gets the most benefits to equalize growth...

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#328 Post by Daybreak »

Oberlus is this another mind trick, posting here?
Oberlus wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:11 am I take it for granted that Daybreak and I are going to fight each other.
Well there can only be one, so I take it for granted you will be fighting everyone at some point.
Oberlus wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:11 am And only now, after Daybreak and I are having some quarrel about a planet
Ahh I thought we came to an agreement, obviously not.
Oberlus wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:11 am Endhu, would you like to reconsider if you want to join an alliance with Wobbly and me? We could agree on sharing the spoils of war so that the smaller empire of us three gets the most benefits to equalize growth...
Another trick for Wobbly and Endhu? Any system given to them, end up very far from their own strong base of operations, and then susceptible to your forces.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#329 Post by Oberlus »

Daybreak wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:04 pm Ahh I thought we came to an agreement, obviously not.
The agreement we made via PM was posterior to this post of mine, that I posted when I thought you were looking for war and negotiations were over...

So I would say this is more about messed up communications rather than mind tricks.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#330 Post by Daybreak »

Oberlus wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:14 pm The agreement we made via PM was posterior to this post of mine, that I posted when I thought you were looking for war and negotiations were over...

So I would say this is more about messed up communications rather than mind tricks.
Possibly messed up, but if you reread the posts, I did not ever propose war at this time, however you did. I only ever agreed that we were coming to that point, after you proposed it.

This is why in RL text messages can destroy relationships.